My apple iphone 3g experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wolsow14, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolsow14 macrumors newbie

OK so on my new 3g iphone which i purchased on day 1 from my carrier store ( optus ) there were small cracks on the lower lip of the white casing. These cracks were small about .5- 1 cm in length. I noticed them as soon as i got home from the store. I was unable to return it the next day but the day after went to sydney's new flagship store. I showed the so called genius the small cracks and he declared that i had either dropped the phone and caused the cracks or that i caused them somehow. I explained that they had been there from the beginning and that i had never dropped the phone but he said this was impossible as apples quality and control check " would have dettected the faulty unit". mmmmmm he out words in my mouth and said that was that. Well isnt my right to take back a faulty product within a certain amount of time, i know apple has there one year warrenty and if it was a claim in relation to that it would probably be repaired if the genius took it in, but its only 2 days old. It has barely been used so its just like taking it back within a products regular " 14 day period ". I need advice on what i should do. I think this fault is unacceptable and should be replaced on the spot considering it is new. Please provide some suggestions and soloutions. It would be greatly apreciated.
    Wolsow14

2. adversecamber macrumors regular

In the UK, consumer is in charge and you'd have no problem at all for the first 28 days. Not sure about you, though. Where are you??

3. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Well, if you take it back you'll have to pay a restocking fee. The restocking fee is either 10% or 15%. If your willing to pay that you can return it. Apple can be really hard to deal with when it comes to this sort of thing, that's why when I bought my iMac I opened it in the store to look at it to see if there are any defects. It's up to you, but if you do return it for another one, check it in the store.

Don

4. alFR macrumors 68020

5. wolsow14 thread starter macrumors newbie

i guess id pay 10 percent, what is that i bought a 16 gig white? its on a optus plan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.