My Apple remote just broke... warranty?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sensamic, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Sensamic macrumors 68030

Hi everyone.

So my Apple remote broke this week. I tried changing the battery but nothing. It's barely one year old.

Will Apple fix it if I don't have the original ticket/receipt? Here in Spain we have two years for warranty instead of only one Apple gives.

What should I do?

2. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

Bring your receipt and the remote with you to an Apple Store, or any authorized Apple repair center. They should be able to help you out one way or another.

3. Sensamic thread starter macrumors 68030

I don't have the receipt. It was a present, and I think it was not bought in an Apple store.

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

It doesn't matter where it was bought as long as it was from an Apple authorized retailer. Bring it into Apple and maybe bring the device. For instance, the warranty on an Apple TV covers its accessories too.

5. melburstein macrumors regular

melburstein

Or you can purchase an Apple Remote for about $18 from Amazon and other sources.

6. Dav1boy macrumors member

Under warranty you should be able to exchange it even without the receipt. Here in the states I've never had a problem without it. Granted all my devices are registered too which includes the accessories

7. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

That too :p