My Apple Store experience today.. and why they're unsurpassed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DVNIEL, Feb 24, 2011.

1. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

Back on January 20th, 2011, I purchased their ultimate in-store configuration for the MBP 15" w/ antiglare.

Today I saw that they had updated the machines and I won't lie, I was pretty disappointed in myself for making the dive so soon. Not because of the beefier processor, but the SDXC card reader which can spare me valuable seconds as a photographer. I head over to the Apple Store to see if the new machines were to craze over; they are.

I spoke to a rep, and asked politely if there was any way they could work with me and let me exchange, even if it meant a restocking fee.

They asked me why I wanted to exchange, and I told them the truth, I can care less about the processor upgrade, its just the SDXC feature that I really need. She asked where was the machine and I told her it was in my car, I didn't want to be an arrogant bastard walking in with it thinking they would do it.

She spoke to her manager, and before I knew it, I was shaking everyone's hand and leaving with a new MBP in my grasp, sans re-stocking fee.

I'm just sharing that if you walk into a store, reasonable and humble, kind people will respond to you. Don't be that prick that acts like they are "entitled."

2. Whitelightning macrumors regular

Considering your shelling out so much more money for a MBP... good service should be expected.

3. dnkbro macrumors regular

Definition of great customer service. Congrats on the new Mac!

4. GadgetAddict macrumors 6502

I'm glad that things worked out for you! But I can't help but think that no matter how nice one can be, such an outcome would be an exception...

Enjoy your MBP!!!

5. ChronoIMG macrumors regular

ChronoIMG

Love Apple, I really do. Stories like this are why I've been a lifetime user.

6. i11i1i macrumors regular

I like this story. Unfortunately, Apple Stores tend to attract the arrogant pricks...

7. DVNIEL thread starter macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

I couldn't agree more. It's unfortunate that not all nice people are kindly rewarded. Very humbling and grateful experience.

8. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

that's awesome man. Even past the 30 days. Glad to hear it.

9. darkeartg macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I had the exact same thing happen to me, I am going to be a loyal customers for years to come and will recommend my store to all my friends and family

10. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

True and very right.....however these days at most places you buy from, this seems to be more the exception and not enough of the rule.

OP, congrats, Im glad everything worked out how you wanted.

11. axu539 macrumors 6502a

I have to agree. Apple customer service reps are hands-down the best I've ever dealt with. My first generation iPod touch was water-damaged and Apple replaced it for me at no cost. Also, they always seem happy to try to help whether or not they actually can. Often, other companies will just flat-out tell you no, but it really makes a difference when the rep at least asks the manager.

12. Davichi macrumors 6502

30 days? You passed 30 days and they allowed you do this?

What store is this again?

I am going to bring my old MBP and ask for new one. :D

13. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Nice story ... being humble and polite usually gets you a great response.

It is a change from the pompous jerks that come in crying ... they love polite.