My apple watch experience

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by crispApple, Apr 10, 2015.

1. crispApple macrumors regular

crispApple

Hello everyone. So about 25 minutes ago I stopped in my local Apple Store. Just to see how busy it was. Turns out I was able to try on an apple watch within about 5 minutes. It wasn't packed at all. Looked like a normal day. I tried on the sport model in space gray 42mm. And a 38mm sport. My opinion is the 38mm does look small at first, but after trying both of them on, I feel more comfortable with the 38mm. They are beautiful. The one he showed me on display did seem a bit finicky ( having to press apps on the screen multiple times before reacting) but overall a happy experience. I will be getting a 38mm space gray with black band as soon as I can after all the the hubbub is over with. Here's some pictures.
    * I'm sorry I don't know my wrist size. I'm a smaller guy. About 5'5 average.

[​IMG]

The 38mm sport
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The 42mm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

3. spytech macrumors regular

No "sideways" picture with the 42mm, like you have on the 38mm? How does the strap adapt with the 42mm? Seems a bit loose on the top, like there's a gap. Or is it just from the picture?

4. crispApple thread starter macrumors regular

crispApple

Not really this is the only other picture I have of the 42mm. It was on a bit looser setting than the 38mm. Personally the 38 fit great with the band at a tighter setting
    [​IMG]

5. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

The strap inserts there so I'm assuming that's how it's made.

6. spytech macrumors regular

Thank you :) It would be cool to know your wrist size too...

7. crispApple thread starter macrumors regular

crispApple

Sure! I don't know if I'll get the chance to get a measurement. Maybe I'll put a quarter on my wrist for a size comparison?

8. crispApple thread starter macrumors regular

crispApple

I want to add that this was good and bad. Because now I want one even more and all I see is June as delivery dates. It's upsetting. I didn't pre order.

9. spytech macrumors regular

Well, if you could measure it with a cord or something it would be cool. I'm 165mm and I'm in doubt between 38 and 42 mm...