My Apple Watch turned two yesterday, going strong

Easttime

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2015
I got my first gen AW two years ago yesterday, a few months after they were released. AppleCare just ran out. It has been extremely useful every day since in all kinds of ways, around the house, around town, on the water and on travels halfway around the world. Rugged piece of kit too. Not a single problem with it. Thanks Apple!

mjschabow

macrumors 68030
Dec 25, 2013
It's so tough seeing how cheap the first generation is and knowing that series 2 is so much better because I'm almost tempted to just get a cheap first gen.

Thai

Suspended
Feb 2, 2016
Colorado
Does my great here too with my two years old Watch. No issues. Keeps me active.

Running WatchOS4 too. No issues.

Reactions: xDKP

Furzul

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2013
Derbyshire, England
My first generation does not keep me particularly active, but is still going strong. Bought it two years ago last month, and will have to last quite a bit longer. I am not paying six hundred odd pounds out very often for a watch.

matrix07

macrumors 601
Jun 24, 2010
Using it everyday for 2 years too. Not a single issue. Have nothing to complain.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
My Apple Watch Sport will be two years old in exactly two weeks. I agree that it has been very useful. It's probably the only piece of technology I have ever purchased that works better two years later than it did when I bought it. The battery is still going strong as well.

marklemac

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2003
Southampton, UK.
Got mine on launch day ( I was lucky !) and have used it every single day since. Use it for daily workouts and notifications. Even took it swimming a few times and in the shower. Always wash the car with it on too.

Never skipped a beat.

Just couldn't justify selling it to get a newer model at the moment.

Yes I'd like a faster processor but it's not necessary.

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
Mine is also now two (and a few weeks) and no real problems. There is a crack in the glass but it's not in a particularly visible spot so doesn't bother me. I'm hoping it'll last a good while yet but I'd be tempted by a series 2 (I'd quite like a stainless steel one) if I had the money.