My Apple Watch will NOT take voice recordings in iMessage

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by FriendlyMackle, Sep 1, 2015.

1. FriendlyMackle macrumors regular

FriendlyMackle

SGS 42mm, owned since June (late June). It's in perfect condition, but I think that the microphone is defective. I have tried several times to append voice recordings to text messages to friends (rather than the rote responses available) -- and the microphone greys out immediately when I hit 'respond'.

I asked a friend - while sitting right next to him - to send me a text with voice recording from HIS SGS. The microphone was immediately available on his watch, and the text with vocal attachment came through perfectly.

What the heck!? It is connected via both wifi, bluetooth, it is not in Airplane mode, and my cellular connection is on. I can send text-only text without any problem.

I would appreciate anyone's advice here!

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

3. FriendlyMackle thread starter macrumors regular

FriendlyMackle

Actually I did restart it - before I had a problem where the haptics stopped working (after about two weeks, possibly after 1st software update, I don't remember) - after reboot they were again functioning. Not sure whether the microphone was properly functioning before then. I will try again and see if that makes any difference. Thanks for the advice.