My Apple Wireless Keyboard Stopped Working.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DAMNiatx, Sep 4, 2009.

1. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

Hello Guys,

My Apple Wireless Keyboard Stopped Working, i don't know what problem it is.
    its just stop, after i leave it one week without battery. this keyboard just 2 months old, any suggestion so i can get it repaired...?, is it possible to bring keyboard to apple retailer, and get it fixed there ?

2. bbydon macrumors 6502a

It has a year warranty....make a genius bar appointement at the apple store, with your receipt just incase, and they should exchange it if they cant get it working.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you put fresh batteries in and turn it on? You might also make sure the batteries are facing the right direction.

4. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

As suggested - double check battery position...then hold down the power for 10 seconds and then hit the power button (to turn it back on).

5. DAMNiatx thread starter macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

Still can't power on. :(
    there is no apple store in my country, Tomorrow i'm going to apple retailer to get it fixed. Another problem is i don't have the receipt anymore :(

6. DAMNiatx thread starter macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

i got email from apple reseller, just lost my $79 keyboard :(.

7. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

So, a battery actually leaked inside the keyboard? Because if the battery didn't leak, you can send them photos showing there's no battery-caused damage.

Or, you can contact Apple, since they may send you a box to have it repaired.