My AppleCare Experience

Discussion in 'iMac' started by RobinHood5, Aug 25, 2012.

1. RobinHood5 macrumors regular

Well, I thought Id tell about my AppleCare phone experience. So, I just got a 27" iMac and the FaceTime has never worked. The camera works but when I open FaceTime it says "FaceTime is off, turn it on to use FaceTime" or something like that... Then below it is a switch. Flip the on off switch and it sits there doing nothing with the switch flipped. Couldn't figure it out. Well, I bought the extended warranty so I called them up. After an hour and a half of stepping me through things that might fix it and getting transferred to more informed people they ended up having me install a program, open FaceTime, try it, and send them a biagnostics result. Well, she said she was sending it to a engineering team and that she would call the next week. Well.... The day she was supposed to call came and went and I never heard back from them. That was two weeks ago. The people helping me were very nice and I had no problems with that but.... They need to follow up on their work better. Anyone else with this experience? Any ideas to my problem?

2. xav8tor macrumors 6502a

Call and ask them. That's why you have Applecare...phone support, not just the extended warranty. They are probably swamped right now with the 10.8 release.

3. ATC macrumors 6502a

As above, give them a call. I've had something very similar happen a while ago. A technical issue where the case kept getting escalated higher and got to engineering. In my case though, the person who told me they'd call back gave me their direct number and extension so I was able to call them back. Turned out they had an old phone number on my file so we updated it, but it also could be that they're either swamped or haven't yet resolved the issue.