My Application won't download

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by EggWhite, May 20, 2010.

1. EggWhite macrumors member

One of my applications recently had an update and since that happened I have not been able to download my app and no one else is. It always fails no matter if you use the iPhone OS or iTunes. I have emailed Apple and filled out 2 online forms and still nothing from them. I am getting very frustrated as it has been days now and I am starting to get negative reviews and there is nothing I think I can do. Has anyone else had this happen, or know how to fix this?

Link to my app having the issue.
    http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/ontario-traffic-view-including/id301380081?mt=8

PS: If you think I am just trying to bump my sales, I am not. Just switch to the Canadian app store and you will see all the negative reviews I currently have because of this.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

3. EggWhite thread starter macrumors member

I finally found a phone number to call and did, but it wasn't of much use. All they told me was to email a different address. So it is back to just sitting and waiting while my sales go down and my negative reviews come in.

4. EggWhite thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I have fixed it.

5. EggWhite thread starter macrumors member

Well I got an email back from the address I was told to contact, only to tell me to fill out the form I filled out 2 days ago. I have also got an email forwarded to me by a customer that emailed apple and they said "I have done some research on this application and have discovered there is an issue with the way the artwork for the app is placed on the iTunes Store. We are currently working on resolving this issue, though I do not have an exact date on when it will be resolved."

No one from apple has contacted me or anything, this is getting ridiculous.

6. EggWhite thread starter macrumors member

Well I called Apple back and this new person seemed more helpful, but again the issue is escalated and I get to sit and wait as my sales go down, refunds go out, and bad reviews come in.

I love how iTunes support is directing my customers to me, after they say the issue is how the artwork is hosted on their server, but to contact me. Also, they are giving them more info then I have gotten. All I get back from Apple is 'We aren't the right people email XX@apple.com'

7. firewood macrumors 604

To avoid disappointing customers, you could always remove this app from sale until Apple fixes the problem.

8. EggWhite thread starter macrumors member

How does that work, if/when Apple fixes the issue and I bring it back will all the customers that have bought it before still be able to get updates for free, and how will that effect my ranking?

9. Rhalliwell1 macrumors 6502a

Another email for you to try... sjobs@apple.com

He's been responding to a lot of customers recently!

10. EggWhite thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, worth a shot I don't have anything to loss at this point.

11. EggWhite thread starter macrumors member

I called Apple again to get an update, they are still telling me they don't know when it will be fixed or why this happened and I can't talk to anyone on that team. So I a still stuck waiting with no ETA and getting blamed for all of this.

12. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I would suggest instead of removing from sale, just set the availability date to far off in the future. Then when Apple sorts things out, you can reset back to a current date. That way you shouldn't have to resubmit for approval to restore the app.

13. EggWhite thread starter macrumors member

Downloads seem to finally be working, but still no word from Apple why this happened, and what was wrong.

14. EggWhite thread starter macrumors member

WOW, amazing support on Apples part. Two months later I finally get a response back from them to tell me I need to update the 512x512 image for my app, well thanks for the prompt response. They also still haven't told me WHY this happened (I never changed that image with my update), or whats going to happen with all the negative review I got because of their error.