Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ice-Cube

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Somewhere over the rainbow
Recently I have this problem where every once in a while, my applications will stop showing their icon previews in the application folder. Instead they will all show a crossed out symbol. I've attached a screenshot below. I always have to restart the machine in order to make things right. Using a Macbook by the way, help anyone?

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 108

Jan 30, 2006
Are you using CandyBar?

I had some problems similar to yours, Adium and some other apps wouldn't show their icon preview. I ended uninstalling CandyBar.:(

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I have a feeling it deals with your theme. Are you using shapeshifter? I haven't had any issues with my themes but it seems the most likey canidate. You could using candy bar, reinstall the defualt icons and that may work, otherwise you may want to not use the theme.

Ice-Cube

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Somewhere over the rainbow
Yes I'm using both Candybar and Shapeshifter. If uninstalling both is the only answer then it would be a shame cos they have beautify my mac's interface in many ways.

By the way, I found a 'refresh' application. And refreshing the finder seems to does the trick everytime it turns out this way. Still its a hassle

The Man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Probably just a corrupt Shapeshifter theme. Try out another one, or redownload the one you use and see if the problem persists.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.