My Appreciation of the Blizzard Online Store!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by PurpleCliff, Feb 27, 2009.

1. PurpleCliff macrumors regular

PurpleCliff

So I wanted to play my good old Diablo II again, but find that a disc was missing! Oh noes! I began to prepare to spend a little more money to repurchase the game online somewhere - when I stumbled accross the Blizzard Store.
    I created an account, put on my Diablo II CD Key, and now they will let me download the game for free as much as I like! For Windows and Mac! Wow!
    I must say Blizzard truly is a company who wants people to play their great games.

2. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

Sounds pretty good. Something other companies should take an example of.

3. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

awesome, yeah I like the move to digital distribution. You're actually the second person to commend Blizzard this week about allowing that. Another had an issue installing using their WoW disc and was able to download the game via their client d/l and was good to go. This is why I like Steam so much. Great example of how to manage DRM.

4. aluminumapple macrumors regular

you must be new.
    oh well. congrats.

5. backblade macrumors newbie

Yea and this is the same f***ing reason i'm still playing WoW, lol. Tried quitting alot of times, threw my installer cds away, what did they do? Let me download the whole game and gave me free trails and set me in their spell once again, lol. Good marketing strategy might say, :eek:

6. roacch macrumors newbie

Too bad you still can't play online :(

Have they released any new versions information of the X3100 beta so it can work online?

7. Xavier macrumors 68020

I didn't know this. I've been playing Starcraft, Diablo, and Warcraft 3 forever.

Blizzard is an impressive company and I will play their games for many more years

8. CSilver macrumors 6502

+1 Blizzard Games.
    I just can't wait till the D3 comes out!!! I am so bored to death atm...