My Apps Keep Crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Geffen, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Geffen macrumors 6502

For some reason my Apps keep crashing on my iphone whenever i go into them they start to open then they close and they take me back to the home screen, i've tried removing the app and re downloading them in itunes then they seem to work for a few days then its back to crashing again, is there any way around this issue?

2. Draddy macrumors regular

I had the same problem... just backup your iphone (using the itunes backup system) and then restore it... it'll fix it.

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Mine too. It's most likely because this is a new platform and there wasn't much beta testing done (hard to do when people don't have the 2.0 software to run it on). It has gotten better in the first week, so don't worry too much.

4. Geffen thread starter macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if they'll be a firmware 2.0.1 to stablize the apps?

5. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

Its probably more that they individual app developers will have to release updates to their apps. Updates are coming through all the time. The facebook app updated for me yesterday and has crashed less since.

6. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Facebook app 1.1 has a weird bug for me - I cannot move the icon forward when rearranging icons in my homescreens. It's currently on a third homescreen on its own - it literally will not let me move it further forward, all other apps can be moved around freely.

7. Geffen thread starter macrumors 6502

How do you check for updates are they in itunes? or does the apps automatically update when i sync to itunes?

8. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

Just load up the App Store on your iphone. There's a subtly placed menu-item in the bottom right hand corner called 'updates'.