Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluwes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Hi all, new on here. Just downloaded version 3 software. None of my downloaded Apps will work when I click on them. All I get is the opening page then it closes down.

Any ideas ?

ppilone

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
Have all your apps been tested for 3.0?

If so - try a backup and restore. That (usually) fixes problems like this.

bluwes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Funnily enough, after I sent the last post I tried the App store, it let me download a random free App.Now all the others work.....weird eh?

schubes

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2008
British Columbia
Since upgrading to 3.0 one of my favourite apps has stopped working: WiFinder, a free app that was far more powerful and useful in finding wireless networks than the settings-wifi standard way. Can anyone suggest an alternative (free) app that works with 3.0 and works well?

adbe

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008

adbe

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Ummm, this isn't WiFinder.

But I can't even find WiFinder in the App store anymore.

Unless I'm going insane, that link was correct earlier. :confused:

Maybe the app just got renamed, but then that'd suggest the new version is out, and I'm not seeing any updates. Since I can't open Wifinder, I can't see who the developer was.

Otherwise Apple pulled the app 'cos it wasn't 3.0 ready, in which case, it'll be back if/when it's fixed.

adbe

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
So I think I'm just going insane.

And yeah, Wifinder has definitely gone MIA. :(

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
The same thing happened to me and it eventually worked itself out after awhile.

I am still not sure why.

Maybe something was activating or whatever but after an hour, everything started working

Re-start just to be sure

JCastro

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
I have had the same thing happen to several of my apps as well. Guess they just need to be updated for 3.0. Hopefully they will get it going soon.

adbe

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
I found this out about why WiFinder is gone and that it is for good. Such a sad thing!

http://larsbergstrom.wordpress.com/2009/01/30/bye-bye-wi-fi/

That's a real shame. It was a great app, and handy for sorting out people's wifi problems when they are in congested apartment complexes. :(

Interesting that he states 3.0 basically breaks all these apps, yet, the app I inadvertently linked to suggests that they have a fix in the approval stage.

Let's see how that shakes out.

Thanks for digging that link up though!

benhur5701

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2009
South Sweden
Wifinder

I cant get wifinder to work anymore.So I test everything I find earlier,they dont work in firmware 3 none of them.I test them ALL but no.I miss Wifinder, so I dont have anything to search after wifi anymore. hmmm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.