My AppStore seems to have disappeared from the Springboard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Danny.boy, May 10, 2009.

1. Danny.boy macrumors newbie

Ok, I'm a relative noob when it comes to Apple. I only just bought my first 15" UBMP a couple of weeks back, and then I decided I needed an iPhone 3G too!

The only problem is, I've only had the phone a few hours and I seem to have deleted the AppStore App from the Springboard. I don't even understand how I've done it! A friend of mine says it's not possible...but it clearly is!

Please help!:):):)

2. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Given from what you say it is a new iPhone running unmodified firmware/ OS (i.e not jail broken?)

How many Apps have you download?

Has it dissapeared across to a second page on the springboard.

To deleate Apps, you may have noted you push and hold an App icon. The begin to wobble. Deleateable ones have a little cross on the top left corner, push it to deleate the App. The Apps than come instaled on the phone inc the App store do not have a little cross and can not be deleated.

3. Danny.boy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I haven't jail broken it yet.

I've only got about 5 or 6 apps which cover 2 pages in total and I can't find the appstore anywhere. It sure is a puzzle!

4. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Have you tried connecting to iTunes and restoring?

5. foob macrumors 6502

foob

Did you check the third page? You can move apps to additional pages without the first pages being full.

6. Screwtape macrumors regular

They may of blocked it using Restrictions:
    Settings > General > Restrictions

If it says "On" next to Restrictions then that's probably what they did. The problem is that the only why to un-restrict the App is to enter a password, which I'm going to venture to assume you don't have.

Good luck!

7. Danny.boy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! I had turned it to 'OFF' myself thinking that if I didn't have a restriction, I wouldn't have to enter a password each time I installed an App. I didn't realise my Appstore had gone till later though.
    :D