My arguments for the iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by destroyboredom, Oct 1, 2011.

1. destroyboredom macrumors 6502

Just a few thought I wanted to get out there about why I think we will see an iPhone 5 on Tuesday. By iPhone I mean an updated phone, I simply don't believe Apple will call the new iPhone an iPhone 4s, it simply doesn't make sense to do so.

One of the strongest arguments against an iPhone 5 is that there haven't been any part leaks. To that I say where were the parts leaks for the iPhone 4? I don't recall seeing the casing or anything significant for that matter. Excluding the bar incident I don't believe there was a leak with the exception of the same rumors we have now regarding the processor and camera.

Another popular argument against the iPhone 5 is that Apple hasn't slipped up and added it to their internal part system or put any references to it in the latest iTunes beta. I find it hard to believe a company as secretive as Apple would make such a mistake this close to release (especially after last years fiasco). We're talking about a company that asks the FCC to keep information confidential until the product is released.

Thirdly case manufacturers have appeared to invest heavily in this new tear drop design. I don't think they would be shipping cases already if they weren't pretty positive on the design.

Lastly I strongly believe the iPhone 4s is simply the iPhone that will replace the iPhone 3GS as the new low cost option.

2. aztooh macrumors 6502a

You couldn't just share your thoughts in one of the dozens of already existing, identical threads?

3. destroyboredom thread starter macrumors 6502

And have it lost in the sea of 700+ comments? Nope. :)

4. pizzafootbal macrumors member

Good arguments, I really don't think an iPhone 4s will do well in the market, at least not as good as an iPhone 5 and apple knows that. Especially with the extra time Apple has had, I'm expecting big things

5. busterbluth macrumors 6502

Didn't the metal casing leak prior to iphone 4?

6. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

I'm actually interested in finding that out. Does anyone know what leaked about the iPhone 4 prior to Gizmodo?

7. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Correct , comments would be lost in deep threads.

People like me do not go through 30 pages of threads and i would think that you also would not do so.

Creating a thread is the right move here as the OP has some valid points.

8. LivingLarge macrumors member

i agree with the theory of the new redesigned phone being available. Apple has just locked down the fort and prevented any leaks or mishaps like for the ip4.

I'm waiting like a kid for santa to find out what our buddy tim cook has in store for all of us fans :D

9. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Apple has a strong record of shutting down rumors that would hurt them in the long run, i.e. the rumors about an iPhone announcement in June. If we weren't going to get a redesign I'm sure we'd get some kind of quiet "official" announcement to quell our excitement.

10. admanimal macrumors 68040

Usually around this time before an Apple event, people start trying really hard to rationalize why the least likely of all possible rumored products will actually be released. If I had a dollar for every time they turned out to be right, I would be broke.

11. charliecc macrumors regular

I think one of the best reasoning I've heard is as follows.

We're pretty sure there is going to be an iPhone 4S. If there wasn't a 5 I think apple would have called it the 5 because it fits in better with iOS 5 etc and makes people believe it's more an just a spec bump.

Although based on current behaviour I'll probably have changed my mind as to the likely hood of seeing an iPhone 5 at least 5 times before Tues.

12. ziggo macrumors 6502

ziggo

Makes sense