My at&t contract

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neilp4453, Jun 16, 2009.

  1. neilp4453 macrumors regular

    Oct 16, 2007
    I have a question for knowledgeable people.

    I am on a family plan (as the main user) with a total of 4 lines.

    In Nov. of 2008, me and my sister both upgraded to the phone of our choosings (me=iphone 3G,her=something garbage). My parents lines haven't been upgraded and are still eligible.

    Well I've been pondering whether or not I should pursue a 3GS or not as I believe I should be able to upgrade one of my parents lines to 3GS (while I call in to take off the data plan on my iphone 3g) and then...after 30 in to once again take the data plan for the new 3GS off and use the 3GS for myself.

    The problem is I want to limit the contract extensions. Now when I look at my line, it says I am eligible for upgrades on 4/10 (month/year). However, my sisters line has the full 2 year contract associated with her line. Obviously mine has been shortened.

    If the same thing happens (a contract that is 1.5 years) when I upgrade to the 3GS...great....if not..then I am stuck for an additional 6 months after my sister's contract expires for her line.

    Has anyone had something like this happen?
  2. missadri macrumors newbie

    Jun 9, 2009
    Primary on family plan gets to wait less.

    I'm the primary on my family plan. We all got iPhone 3G last July. I checked to see when/if I'm eligible to upgrade to 3GS. I am eligible on July 20th 2009, however my Dad is eligible 3/20/09. That really sucks because I wanted to upgrade his phone for Father's Day.
    So I was playing around on the Apple website tonight looking to see how much I should sell my 3G for when I get my 3GS and went to "upgrade" to check the prices. Well it seems as the Apple site wasn't communicating with AT&T to check my upgrade eligibility and gave me the new contract price. So here I was blinking thinking that this couldn't be happening! I ended up being eligible to reserve the 32GB 3GS for $299 when I thought I would have to wait till the end of July. I then hurried to see if I could do the same for my Dad's phone and the site came back up and gave me the $499 price. What a bummer it didn't work out for a longer period of time. I was going to post to let everyone know on here to do the same! I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that the $299 price is the price I get to pay at the store on Friday. I got the email confirmation stating my phone is reserved but has nothing about the price. *holding my breath*

Share This Page