My AT&T Store to have 40 iPhone 3Gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by helloadam, Jul 9, 2008.

1. helloadam macrumors member

20 8GB Black (The one i'm getting, yes I can't afford the extra one hundred haha)
    10 16GB Black
    and 10 16GB White

The guy I talked to was the store manager at my store, he was very nice and informative and said to get there early cause they are expecting a line. But he also said they are getting a shipment that night to stock for saturday as well.

2. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

cool, what location is this? Do most stores already have them at their locations?

3. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Wow. I don't know where you live but that doesn't seem like many.

4. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Thats it?? Wow, thats enough for the ppl in my apartment complex, maybe.

5. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

He must live in the boonies. lol. My store said they are getting at least 130.

6. helloadam thread starter macrumors member

Its the store on States Bridge road in Georgia (About thirty min out of Atlanta). It isnt that many, especially for the area which is quite rich and will to spend that money on a phone. I'm getting there around midnight thursday night

7. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Good Luck!!!!

8. helloadam thread starter macrumors member

Haha thanks, i think my dad needs it more seeing he's going to get the 16GB. He's going to bring breakfast and meet me around 5ish.

9. trefaie macrumors newbie

wow...such a small amount....att on route 46e in NJ told me at least 120.....they were unable to give me the breakdown, but i hope i can see the white iphone prior to getting it....if they are out, i will get the black....i really need a new phone since i lost my 8525

10. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Oh hell no. Your dad would be getting in the back of the line when he shows up at 5am. No way you get there 5 minutes before me, then we stand there for 5 hours to have your friend(dad, spouse, kindergardten teacher) show up and jump in front of me. We had something like this go down waiting for the Wii's at launch. Needless to say, that gentleman, and his friend who was saving his spot left the parking lot without a Wii.

Actually, I had something like this happen waiting for Madden 2005 (That was the year Ray Lewis was on the box right?) also. I got to the store around 10pm. It was my mom and I waiting at the door, and a couple of guys waiting in their car. Around 11pm they walked up and got in front of us, I called them out on it. 11:45pm I'm still complaining about them (very loudly I might add) when a GameStop employee comes out to tell us its almost time. After 5 minutes of arguing, those gentlemen went to the back of the line.

Moral of my stories, you have to be in line to have your spot count. (Unless you are with a group and one member leaves for a pee-break or something of that nature.)

11. helloadam thread starter macrumors member

Hey, i already have a person holding a spot for him. When he gets there she's going so there won't be any difference of numbers in line. So no worries, i know it would bother the junk out of me too so I got my girl to help out.

12. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

Hey dude...which one on State's Bridge? Is it in the strip mall with the Starbucks and the Pepperoni's?

13. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Ok, good thing that you cleared that up. That probably wouldn't have ended pretty.

14. helloadam thread starter macrumors member

I think it might be, I'm not sure of the exact spot but i know its near to the regal over there

15. bigbarr macrumors member

the ONE att store in my area said they have "absolutely no idea" how many they'll have. If they have 40, then they will have more than twice as many as the first launch.

16. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

Oh...ok. If it's near the Regal Theaters, then it's the one in by the Target, Home Depot, and Kinkos.

17. iWantiPhone macrumors regular

its hilarious how you act so tough. what would you do? beat him up?
    oh wow, yell at him. how does it help?

if someone i know wants to join ME and is with ME, i dont care what you say. i cant believe people will go out of thier way to tell at someone who is ahead of them in line, just because he wanted his dad to join him too.

18. LanceRobbins24 macrumors newbie

I just stopped in my local ATT store (mishawaka, IN....2 miles from Notre Dame) and they said they have no clue as of yet as to a specific number of units. They have yet to even get their shipment from UPS. They expect to see said shipment tomorrow night. It is a brand new store, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will get quite a few.

19. helloadam thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, i just looked at google maps, its near the Target and all those things over there.

20. WilliamC macrumors newbie

You saw them in the car and acknowledged they were there waiting before you and yet you still whine and complain. You seem to be very mature. Fact is that they were on the premises before you! You were in fact the one who cut in front of them and because you whined they were stupid enough to move back.

Your very lucky it wasn't someone like me you pulled that on, because if you whine too much or harass them like you said they could have called the cops on you. It's one thing to express your dislike over someone's action in a mature matter and another to act like a brat.

I hear ya! It blows my mind and whats worse is some people actually take it. I can't wrap my head around that one. Let some kid complain to me, I'll just laugh and turn away and ignore him/her.

Ya know what they say, those that bark the loudest are the biggest cowards of em all.

21. iWantiPhone macrumors regular

exactly. i think this guy is making up stories.

22. lokiju macrumors 6502

That's right down the road from me.

Hopefully the Mall of Georgia AT&T store has more in stock.

I won't be able to try until Sunday, hopefully I'll be able to snag a 16GB though.

23. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Doesn't matter, they wern't in line. When all was said and done, it was a unanimous decision that they moved to the back or they didn't get a copy that night. That included the 1st half dozen or so people in line (how many people they walked passed to get in the front) and the 3 GameStop employees that came out.

And in the case of the Wii's, Walmart employees sent the people who showed up 10 minutes before the doors open home. They had 17 units in stock. 18 people (buyers) in line when they arrived. The 2 people who were there for over 2 hours wouldn't have been getting one. Luckily the spot holder was removed also so eveyone who stood out in the cold got their Wii. Again, unanimous decision, 17 (the line holder wasn't included in the decision for obvious reasons) people in line + 1 Walmart employee + 1 Walmart Store Manager.

24. jcs1088 macrumors regular

Just got back from the att store near my house. the guys said they'll be getting around 40 to 80 iPhones.

25. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

Forgetting the particular numbers, I wonder if the ratio of 8gb to black 16gb to white 16gb of 50%/25%/25% will be typical for most stores, regardless of how many they get? Interesting that they'd anticipate demand for white and black 16gbs to be equal. Not sure if 50% 8gb is wise though....