Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikemodena

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Connecticut
ChrisFromCanada said:
Some ideas (Some have been repeated from previous posts):

1. Your colors are off compared to Apples. Use Brighter more vibrant colors. (No Gray)
2. Your camera is completely stationary the whole time. Try to get some different angles.
3. Try to make your characters completely black.
4. Use a progressive camera instead of an interlaced one or at least run a de-interlacer on the footage before keying/matting it.
5. Get better dancers. Only use one person at a time in your shots
6. Try making a 30 second commercial of your best shots instead of a 2+ minute video of filler. Try using quick cuts for best results.
7. Try to make the iPods and headphones white if possible. (I know its not easy).

But very good work for a preliminary run!

Thanks for the ideas.. the next one will be a lot like what you've said.

octoberdeath

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2005
does it really matter what color blue your use as long as its dark? i want to do some stuff using blue screen but i have never been sure of what kind of materials to use. its looking like cheep cloth material will work. am i wrong in thinking this? like i could go to walmart and get this stuff, right?

mikemodena

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Connecticut
octoberdeath said:
does it really matter what color blue your use as long as its dark? i want to do some stuff using blue screen but i have never been sure of what kind of materials to use. its looking like cheep cloth material will work. am i wrong in thinking this? like i could go to walmart and get this stuff, right?

Trust me.. blue cloth will work.. just not professionally well but if you just want it to work and have a slight blue halo which is inevitable without careful precision or professional equipment you'll be just fine

MacMosher

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2006
Canada
ChrisFromCanada said:
Some ideas (Some have been repeated from previous posts):

1. Your colors are off compared to Apples. Use Brighter more vibrant colors. (No Gray)
2. Your camera is completely stationary the whole time. Try to get some different angles.
3. Try to make your characters completely black.
4. Use a progressive camera instead of an interlaced one or at least run a de-interlacer on the footage before keying/matting it.
5. Get better dancers. Only use one person at a time in your shots
6. Try making a 30 second commercial of your best shots instead of a 2+ minute video of filler. Try using quick cuts for best results.
7. Try to make the iPods and headphones white if possible. (I know its not easy).

But very good work for a preliminary run!

Hahah so demanding :) but I know your just trying to make it better. It was a good first shot. bravo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.