My baby (Macbook Pro) just died

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by garybUK, Jul 21, 2009.

1. garybUK Guest

garybUK

I got the dreaded video issue, no output to either LCD nor External display but the rest of the machine seems to boot fine.

I bought it on the 21st August 2007... so im JUST!!! within the 3 year extension for Apple to fix it..... got my appointment booked on Friday.

I am completely lost and gutted, this thing has been absolutely brilliant and I maintain was one of the best releases of Macbook Pro's Apple did.

I hope they fix my baby :(

Wow 3 years old....... and it's what a 2.4 c2d, 4gb ram, 250gb hdd, dvdrw drive... 8600GTM 512mb graphics, still knocks the socks off "other laptops"

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Ugh... I hate taking my Apple products in for repair. (Only once, and it was a living heck). But if you're under warranty, they'll fix it. Free.

3. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

8600GTM is what im betting on didnt they have issues? Hope works out good thing your in warrenty!

4. no.1 Apple Fan macrumors regular

no.1 Apple Fan

I hope it goes good. If your lucky they might replace your Mac with a new one.:rolleyes:

5. garybUK thread starter Guest

garybUK

Ok it was late, and my maths was a bit out, thinking about it it's only 2 years old.

My warranty is out and I didn't buy Apple Care because I think it's a rip off. Hopefully the issue is with the 8600MGT and will be fixed under the extended warranty programme.

I hope they fix it, i'm not too keen on the new macbook pro's.

6. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

7. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Haha when I'm speed reading forums titles I skip ()s and was very freaked out by this threads title for a split second :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you have a warranty, Apple should be able to fix it for free. Good luck with fixing your "baby"

8. garybUK thread starter Guest

garybUK

Fingers crossed..... nothing wrong with the new ones, I just prefer the style of the non-uni body macbook pro's and the matte screen. :cool:

9. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

Still looking that way?

Let's hope it is an issue with the 8600GT.

10. garybUK thread starter Guest

garybUK

Yeah because Applecare only covers manufacturing defects, why should I pay for a extended warranty to only cover apple's shoddyness?

If they don't fix it, it's fine... i'll make a claim on my Direct Line insurance or with my bank who i have insurance with on the debt card I paid with.

11. evanxlee macrumors newbie

august 21st 2007 - july 22nd 2009 = 1 year, 11 months, 1 day.

you have another year. your "baby" isn't even 2 yet!

12. garybUK thread starter Guest

garybUK

Aye i know, i mentioned it above... made a booboo :)