My Back Ups Were Gone In My iTunes.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by clborden, Jun 14, 2010.

1. clborden macrumors regular

clborden

I back up my iPad every time I plug in to iTunes. Now, my clock has been losing time every day. So, I figured the best way to fix this would be to restore the iPad as a new one. I back it up again, then continue the restore process. Well to make a long story short, I lost all the previously purchased issues of Mens Health Magazine. So I look for an earlier back up and the only one there was the original. I know that I backed it up correctly because the last one for my iPhone was earlier that day. Not that it's a big deal, but I was wondering if there's a way to get these magazines back. Any ideas?

I know I need to figure out what the hell's going on with my back up process...anyway, thanks guys.

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Everything you purchased thru iTunes should still be there.

The backups don't store everything. Songs, books, apps, movies are not contained in the backup file. Think about it, a full 64GB iPad would generate about a 64GB backup file if it worked that way.

Check to make sure you have your syncing settings correct.

Also is your Men's Health still listed in iTunes? If not, then it's not going to transfer to the ipad.

3. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

In app purchases are linked to the iTunes account, hence you just need to purchase again in the in app store. I think, works for navigon in app purchases, don't know about others.

4. clborden thread starter macrumors regular

clborden