my backpack fell out of my car!! dented MBP HELP ME PLEASE

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zipper1022, Nov 12, 2007.

1. zipper1022 macrumors regular

:(
    :mad:

okay so my macbook pro, in its "incase" case and my backpack fell out of the trunk of my moms car while i was opening it and onto the ground, 2 foot drop at most. i got on my bus accordingly, got back to my apartment and took it out and boom!

big dent in the right corner of the bottom casing, i was almost in tears. at first my superdrive wasn't working and couldn't eject discs but its fine now. i took the bottom casing off and bent it back a little bit and now it looks reasonable... but still like poop

my question is warranty...

is ANYTHING covered? im still in my first year and i have applecare for the next 2. i would love to get it fixed...

all it needs in a new bottom casing and maybe the little plastic border that goes around the bottom, its a little bent...

the top casing got dented too but i can deal with it...

what should i do???!!!!
    please help!~~??~

P.S> i take the utmost care of my laptop, no ones allowed to use it and its like my baby, the fact that its dented makes me want to shoot myself, im in shock

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Applecare won't do you any good, since you damaged it yourself. Some homeowner's insurance will cover your damage, though the deductible may make it prohibitive. Probably you're SOL. Did you buy it with a credit card that has insurance? It might be worth a call to find out.

3. airfang macrumors regular

sry for u man, I as well treat my MBP like a baby...but unfortunately the bag containing it fell to the ground froma wheelchair, left an although-neglectable-but-still-perceivable dent on the lower left corner... just one day after its arrival... I almost cried that day

4. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Aww sorry about the mishap, but it is most likely that you won't be covered by applecare to get the bottomcase replaced. However, you might want to inquire how much it will cost you to repair the physical damage. A bottom case can go for $100+ but the service will cost you big money! It is worth a try if you want a perfect MBP again.

5. amrk47 macrumors regular

since u popped the dent back in? you can easily ******** applecare and tell them it just happened

6. aviddk macrumors regular

I really wonder if the guys who do paintless dent repairs on cars couldn't do the same for MPBs. If you have ever watched them suck hail damage out of a car you have to be amazed. Somebody should look one up under Auto Body Repair and see if they could help. FWIW

7. zipper1022 thread starter macrumors regular

i just check online pricing for repair and replacement.

what i saw was around 250 for a new bottom case alone

and 300 for a new bottom case with repair and 1-3 day shipping.... doesnt sound too bad, but i have no idea...

http://www.dttservice.com/macbookpro.html

8. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

I doubt it, because they usually get under the body panels and pop the dents back out from the inside. While using tools to properly smooth out the body panel. So I don't think a PDR would be able to help on a laptop.