My bad experience with Bestskinsever.com - Do the owners or workers of BSE post here?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DeuceDeuce, Jul 13, 2010.

1. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

I think I have seen them post on here in the past but can't find the thread using search. If anyone knows their handle can you please pass it on. I bought one of the products June 29th and still havent received it. They won't answer my emails either.

UPDATE: No response from these guys for over a week now. I Have sent multiple emails and nothing. I would advise not to buy from them...

UPDATE #2: Still no word from them but seems like most people have had excellent service from them so I just hope they get my issue resolved and actually respond to my emails since I have received nothing from them. They seem like a stand-up company from the posts below so I feel a little better that something will get done and in the end I will get the product I purchased.

Update #3: Still no answer as of yesterday so I opened up a paypal dispute and they responded fairly quickly to that. Sad that it had to go that far but apparently they are planning on sending another one out. Hopefully it gets here soon.

2. badpinoy macrumors regular

how did you email them? you may want to try using this. after they updated the back of the ip4 skin i requested the update and they sent out new ones.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/support/

3. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

I purchased on the 30th of June and nothing yet. Havent tried calling

4. teezee09 macrumors member

Purchased on the 27th and shipped the 29th. Still hasn't arrived, but I emailed them at the beginning of the month asking for a replacement with a flash cutout to be sent ahead of time so I'd have something as soon as my phone arrived. The replacement got here first :cool: Looks like my initial order got lost in the mail.

5. DeuceDeuce thread starter macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

I did that too, so much for peoples claims of awesome customer service. They wont even respond to my many inquires.

6. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

They are great with customer service, but with the problems and redesign b/c of the flash cutout, they have been inundated with emails and I know I emailed them about getting a replacement and it came in the mail but I never got an email response. Trust me it isn't typical. They do usually take 24-48 hours to respond to emails and always follow through with great customer service, but it seems they aren't well staffed enough to handle to much in they way of communication. If I was their customer, I would prefer that my product gets made and sent out, and that people get their replacements too, and if a little emailing gets backlogged so be it. I know it is frustrating to be in the dark. But use their online system, include your order number and I'm sure you'll get taken care of. I've had their original iPhone, 3G, MacBook, iPad and now iP4 skins, and they've been nothing short of superb.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

Here is the WHOIS record for their domain, with phone number included. No idea if the phone # will get you to someone who can help, this is more about their domain/website and may just be their webmaster.

Note that this is public info (if you know where to look, i.e. whois.godaddy.com)

8. DeuceDeuce thread starter macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

So their customer service is great as long as the customer doesn't need to contact them? I don't care how busy they are, a response to multiple emails needs to happen. They don't offer any other way to contact them and my order is in limbo with no way to get ahold of him, that's nit great customer service.

9. DeuceDeuce thread starter macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Still no response, I would advise everyone not to use this company as they pretty much have left me in the dark and taken my money. Good thing it was only $8.

10. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

I ordered mine on 7/4, had to confirm my address and it shipped on 7/7, got it on 7/10. Hopefully they straighten it out eventually. Try their facebook page maybe?

11. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Weird, because they pretty much have answered all my e-mails within the same day if not the day after for the past year.

12. JoeC2k6 macrumors member

Troll

13. windnsea26 macrumors member

I've bought from these guys many times and actually just received my order of 3 full body skins in 2 days. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with them.

14. dojoman macrumors 65816

Ordered from them many times in the past no problem. I don't know what your beef is...

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I've used their products for over a year and they've responded to my e-mails in 24-72 hours. They have corresponded with me over replacements, shipping delays, and general inquiries about future products. My guess is with their site redesign, the whole iPhone launch, and a bank holiday they're just a bit behind.

Don't use the company ever again, that's your choice, but I assure you they're better than Zagg when it comes to CS.

They ship regular mail in a regular $10 envelope unless you're ordering something larger of course.

16. Lunarnova macrumors newbie

I ordered from them just before the July 4th holiday weekend, so it took about a week and a half for me to get my skin. I also had emailed customer service about having issues using one of the discount codes they put on their Facebook page. Not only did they get back to me within a few days, they even applied the discount retroactively.

I would definitely order from them again.

Have you done the usual things like checking your spam folder etc?

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I bought from them for my original iPhone.

I ordered for iPhone 4 on 6/25. I received it on 7/3. On 7/4, I emailed them about the old style back they sent. On 7/5 (a holiday mind you), I received an email saying the replacement would be shipped the next day. I received it 7/12.

18. DeuceDeuce thread starter macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Glad they are responsive to many of you but they have not responded to one of my inquires.

I will check to see if I can find their facebook page and see if that works better for me.

19. DeuceDeuce thread starter macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Yup, I've hung around for 3 years and posted over 500 times just so I could troll about my $8 purchase from BSE.

20. DeuceDeuce thread starter macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Try reading the post and it should be pretty cut and dry...

21. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

Preordered the iP4 back skin and got it a week after the release of the phone. I asked for another skin since mine covered the flash. They replied the next day and then sent out a replacement the day after that. I got the new skin 5 days later.

22. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Hm,... I just ordered on 7/11 and received a shipping confirmation from them on 7/12. No tracking because it's just shipped using First Class mail, no delivery confirmation. Here's the e-mail (asterisks were added by me):

23. hipvamore macrumors regular

I love bestskins and have had nothing but great results and will continue to use them always

24. DeuceDeuce thread starter macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Update again for anyone who cares:

Still no answer as of yesterday so I opened up a paypal dispute and they responded fairly quickly to that. Sad that it had to go that far but apparently they are planning on sending another one out. Hopefully it gets here soon.

25. oakland6980 macrumors member

oakland6980

I've ordered many things form them and had no problems. Usually get the skin by the next week. I had preordered th iPhone 4 skin which originally had covered the flash. I emailed them they responded quickly saying they have changed their cut and will be sending be a new back skin for free. I got it four days later.

i have had great experiences with them and with there customer experience as well. Maybe lay off the emails for a bit and a little patience. They're probably just busy.