My Bad Luck!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Joshua8o8, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Joshua8o8 macrumors 6502

So im going on a hunting trip on the Big Island of Hawaii. I have not gotten sick in about a year. I was sitting around waiting for my jiu-jitsu class on thursday night to start and me and a couple of guys were talking. The topic of getting sick came up and i absentmindedly said " yea when i was young i used to catch colds all the time, but i havent been sick in a long time." A few minutes later another member walks in and he has a cold, hes not practicing but is just going to sit on the side. I shake his hand and think nothing of it. I get home around 10:00 that night and when i start to lie down i notice im not feeling to good. Again i think nothing of it because its natural to not feel good when theres 200 plus pound men laying on you and are trying to take your head off. Anyway i wake up the next morning with a sore throat! What a bummer, i leave for my trip tomorrow. I was smart though, i took some Air-Born right when i woke up, drank a cold buster from Jamba Juice and have been taking these cough drop like things called Cold eze, they are supposed to cut your cold time in about a half. I seem to be alright. My soar throat is getting better, and my nose is not running. I can handle being sick, its not going to inhibit me from having a nice time, I just dont want to get the rest of my family sick... Well thats my sad story!

2. Sogo macrumors 6502

Oh man, sadness. When I was in middle school, I noticed that I got sick less often. This was due to the fact that my family would get sick and I would not. My family includes my two parents, my little sister, and the other two little brothers. Anywho, I think this was the third year my family got sick and I had not. After dinner one day my father was making flavored tea for himself. He took a few sips and walked away to fix the tv so we could watch a movie. I took his cup, added sugar and drank the rest of it. I didn't think anything of it untill later the next day as I was riding my bike in the rain. I noticed my throat started to feel funny and hurt. It was then I realized what I did the previous day and I kicked myself.

3. Joshua8o8 thread starter macrumors 6502

man, having a sore throat to me is the worst part of having a cold. It just makes me miserable! O well live and learn.