my batt is reading 99%,i drained it a few days ago

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by timestoby, Dec 10, 2008.

1. timestoby macrumors 6502

my batt is sayn 99% and a few days ago before i drained it,it said 98%. is this a fault/if i call apple would i have to send just the batt or the whole thing,if they advise that

2. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

try resetting your SMC before you contact apple.

for older models (powerbook, ibook) there is a link to resetting the PMU within the article.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1411

EDIT - unless you are seeing your macbook (?) "stopping" charging or "slowing down" charging when >95% (or so.) if this is all you are seeing, then it's a trickle charge. normal behaviour designed so your battery does not overcharge.

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Don't think their is much to worry about, just sounds like it's trickle charging like vandozza stated it's to stop the battery from overcharging

4. timestoby thread starter macrumors 6502

okay,ill do a restart first,since i dont ever turn off the mac,just let it sleep during the night. ill se how that goes,if that doesnt help then ill do the smc thing. but this has happen two times before so id unplug and let the batt drain and then it gets 100% but in a week it will say 99%.

i know ur supposed to let it totally drain at least once a month and ill try to do that. the mac is only a month old as it is lol.

5. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

What your seeing is normal just calibrate the battery once a month, its trickle charging

6. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

No, I'm fine.

7. timestoby thread starter macrumors 6502

8. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

Every once and awhile mine will do that too but it always goes back to 100 after awhile.