My Battery Drain 3gs you be the judge.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by garciarios, Aug 21, 2009.

1. garciarios macrumors regular

I have a 3gs and I have jailbroke it 3 times each time installing less things to TRY to avoid the fast battery drain. I do not use the ipod at all but for some reason it still runs in processes. I am posting a picture of my brightness and periodically will post pictures of my usage. What do you guys think?
    This last time all I have is

SBSETTIING
    Iblanks
    UserWallPaper
    Categories
    Installous
    AppSync
    5 Icon Dock Stack
    Backgrounder
    IrealQuickSMS
    Notifier
    Reflective Dock
    Stacks
    Winterboard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I don't see anything wrong with you using 18% in an hour. If you're using it to do *something* during that time, and it's obviously something more than ipod useage as you mentioned, that seems normal to me.

3. nyc4lifedt macrumors member

You still have a lot of jailbreak apps installed.
    Having too many will slow you down and drain your battery. Running different themes and five icon in a row, things of that nature is like running an app in the background.

Just looking at your usage and standby alone, I say you have a problem. But then again, it is jailbroken with a lot of background apps.

FYI, I get about 5~7 hours of usage with 16~18 hours of usage per charge.
    Screen brightness at 100%, Fetch every 15 minutes, 3G, location service and bluetooth only when I need, use Edge whenever I'm at home/office with WiFi.

My phone is jailbroken, and the only jailbreak apps I have is SBSettings and Lockdown which I rarely use. Jailbreak itself has no issue with the battery life, its what apps you have installed that effects it.

4. garciarios thread starter macrumors regular

Its 12:30 pm I unplugged my phone from charger 4 hours ago and havent used it much

[​IMG]

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You've used it for 2hours. Your battery looks fine to me (as it did in your previous post).

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If you're going to run a bunch of JB stuff, get yourself a cheap external battery.