My battery is running down way too fast

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rayhab1, May 25, 2014.

1. Rayhab1 macrumors newbie

Rayhab1

My iPhone 4 with 32 GB and operating on iOS 7.1.1 has started running down way too fast. I have done everything listed in the link below and it didn't help at all.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

I have also deleted a ton of Apps.

When I unplug it from the charger it is down to 95% in less 10 minutes. That's without me doing anything on this phone. It continues to go down rapidly. If someone has an answer it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

Mine does that sometimes. idk why? My guess is some bug in iOS7. When I see that it has dropped when I haven't even used it, I turn it off. Wait a few minutes and turn it back on.

I've noticed that when I'm charging, using my Mac, the iPhone will have a different battery percent than the iTunes screen. So this has gotta be software issue.

3. magilla macrumors regular

With it being an iP4, is the original battery still in it? How old is it (the phone)? How many charge cycles on the battery? How many apps do you (normally) have running in the background continuously? From what I've read, the battery life/charging cycles on the 4s never were anything great, leastwise not as compared to the 5s series.