My battery just began draining much faster

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TH55, Apr 25, 2018.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I have an iPhone 6S running 10.2. I have had it for about a year and it is Jailbroken. Up until last week it had been running perfectly, and suddenly I noticed the battery was draining much more quickly than before. I almost never got below 30% by the end of my work day (9-6), now I have been having to charge it at work. It also seems to be charging more slowly.

I haven't made any major changes or downloads to my phone nor added any new Jailbreak tweaks. I even went in and turned off background app refresh and location services on a few apps to no avail. Any idea what this could be?

2. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Battery aging, it happens to everyone eventually.

3. adamhenry macrumors 68000

adamhenry

You might find a clue by looking at the stats under battery settings.

4. now i see it macrumors 68030

A li Ion battery can fail immediately. The last time it's was used, fine, the next time, not so good. Sometimes they deteriorate slowly with age, other times they kinda croak all of a sudden. Maybe that's what's going on with yours. Sudden stroke.

5. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah, sucks. I did check the stats on my usage and eliminated the main culprit, background app refresh. Am I eligible for the $30 battery replacement, and would I be required to sacrifice my jailbreak?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 25, 2018 ---
    Yeah

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Have you left Bluetooth on?

Hae you left file drop on?

Have you left WiFi hotspot on?

7. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

How was background app refresh the main culprit? Wouldn't be a particular app/service?

And, sounds like battery replacement might be a good way to go. Doesn't seem like they'd need you to do anything with your iOS/jailbreak, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't/wouldn't for some reason.

8. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

I've left Bluetooth on because I wear my watch every day, but I was told by everyone here that Bluetooth had a very minimal effect on battery life.

9. abbeyon macrumors newbie

abbeyon

Try using low power mode and keep eye on battery consuming apps ...

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

11. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Will I have to sacrifice my jailbreak?

12. Minorite macrumors 6502

Minorite

Haven't changed the battery yet, but device may be reset to factory settings as far as I'm aware of. Just ask about it when scheduling an appointment at the Apple Store.