My Battery Life App and Short battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ExpyBob, Jul 4, 2009.

1. ExpyBob macrumors member

I did have a little less life with the 3Gs as compared to original I phone even at two years old.

Then I loaded this app.

My battery life went under four hours and the phone reported usage and standby almost the same even though I hardly used it.

So today I deleted that app and guess what, its still less than my 2G but a whole lot greater than it was with the app on there.

I don't know if it constantly runs in the background but it did get better without it, noticeably so.

Last night I took the sleep timer off and let it discharge fully until it wore down to where it shut off. I was hoping to reset battery meter.

Then I recharged it fully and uninterupted all night to 100%.

Today it still discharged quickly until I removed that app.

It went from 3.2% per minute to .05% per minute. Math involved there comparing minutes against battery life percentage.

Anyone else notice this. Is the originator of the app reading.

Just reporting as I seen it.

Bob

2. ExpyBob thread starter macrumors member

Anyone notice this? Anyone have this app on their phone?

Or am I missing something?

3. ExpyBob thread starter macrumors member

All you complaining about short battery lif. Are you running this app?

I took this app off of phone and my battery last many times longer. I've been testing it for two days now.

Anyone running this should try removing it from phone. You can always reinstall it if you're not convinced.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Maybe if you didn't check your battery life every minute, it wouldn't run your battery down? :rolleyes:

5. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Intresting, I have this app on my 3G can't say I've noticed a difference will post what I found, haven't had it fir so long.