My battery life in macbook is being weird

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Catcufflings, May 24, 2009.

1. Catcufflings macrumors newbie

I've seen it say after a full charge that it will last around 4.5 hours. but just now when i fully charged it and took the cord out..it said it only has 2 hours?! all i have running on it is safari. i checked for other programs running, but nothing. my computer is only 3 months old. surely the battery can't be getting stuffed already? i always fully charge it, then let it run down again, then fully charge it. sometimes tho i have left the charger in while its already charged up. could that be the problem?

ps i did search the forums for a similar subject but couldn't find anything.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html i have been reading this..but yeh.

Nevermind.. its all of a sudden gone back up to 4 hours. it's so weird.

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Turn off Bluetooth for starters (under System Preferences), and turn the brightness down just a tad.

Finally, you might want to calibrate the battery, as it's probably never been so. Instructions on how to do so are here.

3. Catcufflings thread starter macrumors newbie

it keeps jumping up and down in life.

Yep i did calibrate my battery, when i first got it. But i'll do it again tomorrow. It's late here now.

thanks for the info :)

4. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Yea, same thing is happening with my macbook. I've had mine for about 6 months and have always wondered if the battery life was "normal." I just unplugged the cord and it's fully charged and fluctuates between about 3 hours and 4:15 about. I don't know what's up....