My battery life shorter than most?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 2001ChevyZ71, Apr 10, 2011.

1. 2001ChevyZ71 macrumors member

Hey guys i recently used a friends MBP and its battery life meter was at around 30% and it went for a good 2 hours on that and still had some juice left in the morning. My MBP lasts what seems like 2 and a half hours on a full charge, what gives, do i have a half dead battery?

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Battery life is determined by many factors. This should answer most if not all of your battery questions. Compliments of GGJstudios. Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

3. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

could depend on a lot of things... how high the brightness is on your screen, backlit keys, if you have a discrete gpu that is running, how much work you are doing to tax the processors, wifi, bluetooth, etc. all are going to affect how long your battery lasts. Yes age of battery and number of charge cycles can also affect the life of a battery. How old are the laptops you are comparing, you also have to consider differences in the things i mentioned above.

4. 2001ChevyZ71 thread starter macrumors member

battery is already at 54% fml and it hasn't been unplugged hardly any. the cycles is 88 and the health is at 93%

5. simsaladimbamba

Read the FAQ you got linked to and also have a look at Activity Monitor (Applications / Utilities /) and select All Processes and sort by CPU to see what the culprit may be.

image below uses sorting by CPU as an example
    [​IMG]