my battery sucks! WTFFF

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CBillups1, Jan 11, 2011.

1. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

my god, wtf is going on with this phone. ive had horrible battery since day one. Ive got a I4 and im jailbroken and unlocked. No i dont use any installed crap on my phone other basic apps.

I even turned off email push and turn the screen brightness all the way down and still wastes battery like its nothing. Honestly if i wanted to without trying i could go 100-0% in a day....easily.

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Theres your answer right there.... Its probably the jailbreak. Format and see if theres any improvement. If it goes back to normal then rejailbreak

3. troop231 macrumors 603

Restore and if that doesn't work then return it to the store.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i have to charge mine every night before i go to bed, but that should be expected considering everything it does

5. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

im scared to reformat and what not. i dont wanna lose my jailbreak even though im on 4.0 and plus how can i return to the store to get a new one if they will give me one with newer software.

wasnt there a big thread that fixed peoples battery problems with some stuff you had to edit in the phone? am i confused or am i making that up? lol

6. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

Battery on mine seems to be all over the place to be honest.

I have as much stuff as I can realistically turn off, turned off without the phone becoming useless, ie push mail, most app notifications etc etc...

It goes through periods of the battery lasting 1 to 2 complete days, then other times I have had instances of it being left sat with a reasonable charge of say 50%, and a couple of hours later it has turned off as the battery is flat.

I've wiped the firmware and started over from scratch twice, and it's definately still ropey.

Annoying thing is that every time I get close to taking it into the Apple store, it obviously senses it, and starts to behave again! :eek:

(Oh, and it's not Jailbroken, and never has been!)