My battery

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by h4mmer34, Jan 12, 2011.

1. h4mmer34 macrumors member

My battery life has been pretty low recently and im wondering whats up.

[​IMG]

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It still has 91% capacity, so your use may be draining the battery faster than usual. It doesn't appear that there is anything wrong with the battery itself, given the number of cycles, age, and health.

4. simsaladimbamba

In addition to the obvious Battery FAQ, one that often gets ignored, for whatever lazy reasons, you can see, that you only have 90% percent of you capacity left, which might be due to lots of usage (357 cycles) or even improper usage (as described in the FAQ) or it might have to do with a process hogging down your CPU.
    As you haven't reported what battery life you get (in minutes or even hours) and what usage you have and how that affects the CPU (which can be monitored via Activity Monitor), there can be plenty of reasons, but reading that FAQ should be a good start.

5. h4mmer34 thread starter macrumors member

So do those numbers seem ok for the age of my mac?

6. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

They seem pretty normal. My battery fluctuates in the mid 90s, and I have about half the number of cycles that you do, so it's fine. If you're running a lot of flash-based sites on the internet, that can kill your battery pretty quick, even if it is fine.

7. simsaladimbamba

It seems okay, but have you read the FAQ yet or have monitored your CPU or reported your battery time?

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you read the FAQ or the posts in this thread? They have your answers.