My BB stopped taking reservations...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JenBen75, Mar 19, 2011.

1. JenBen75 macrumors newbie

A little reassured that my BB has stopped taking reservations (I'm in Baton Rouge, LA) so I guess that let's me know they will hopefully start getting some more in and start calling us!!!!

2. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

The one near me has as well. Could be a sign that they know they won't be able to fill these orders before people find another option.

3. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

4. ma1234 macrumors newbie

Best Buy stopped taking preorders because it took to many as is, and has no idea how long it will take to fill them. It is not a good sign.

5. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

Yeah they probably don't want to deal with the hassle of dealing with cancellations, refunds, etc.

6. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

My Best Buy in LA said they had 16 pages worth of reservations. So even if they would get any in, they can't sell them. :\

7. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

I asked a guy at mine about this and he told me that technically those that made reservations have priority but if someone came into the store looking for a specific model and they had it in stock then they would probably sell it to her/him. First come, first served.

8. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

^^^This.

That they stop accepting is a bad sign they are overwhelmed and have no idea when new shipments are incoming.

9. mike995134 macrumors newbie

^+1 ... that's exactly what the guy said at our local BB (Pleasant Hill, CA) last Thursday. Stated they had a LONG list (probably over 250+ names), shipments are slow, and they have no idea how long it will take to work through the list.

10. kallyq macrumors regular

I was in BB today and was talking to the customer service person (returning one of my smart covers). Anyway, she said I was lucky to have gotten an iPad and we were discussing how many calls, etc she got. She told me that they (BB) stopped taking the preorders because they had so many and have no idea when they will get any in. She said that the store here (Southeastern WI) has not gotten any in since release day. So, I do not think it is a good sign...

11. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I agree with the theory ... why keep taking orders when they have no clue when they will honour them

12. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

Boy, that's b.s. I know if I put down a $100 deposit to get on the waiting list I'd sure expect BB to hold up their end of the bargain.