My Bearded Dragon.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Goohfy, May 11, 2011.

1. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

Hey guys, I had a question about my Bearded Dragon that is around 7 and a half years old, always jumpy and lively. Today, we found him upside down off of his branch with no movement, and his belly almost sunken in. We picked him up, and he blinked but was very stiff. We took the branch out and laid him down in the tank, and made sure he was breathing. Now, could he have terribly in muted himself in doing this? It was definitely not too long ago that he did this due to the fact that we check on him every couple of hours, and also, should I be scared about his flat belly, or was that due to him being in the position he was. We feed him everyday, usually vegetable and worms once or twice a week. Please help me out guys, thanks.

2. ComputersaysNo macrumors 6502

ComputersaysNo

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

LMAO. Well done, sir.

4. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

5. Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

Flush him down the poop bowl and buy a new one. Cheaper then a vet.

6. Angels&Airwaves macrumors member

I used to have a few reptiles. I had a Uromastyx (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uromastyx) that had gotten a flat belly over time and wasn't as active as he used to be. I took him to the vet and he had gotten some parasites (I don't know how-- I thought I kept the cage clean and treated him well). He ended up dying a couple weeks later. I don't remember the specifics as I was quite young. I hope this isn't the problem with yours...best of luck. :(

7. Goohfy thread starter macrumors regular

Goohfy

Ok, he's very old anyways, they don't have the longest lifespan, but I'm gonna see what I can do.