My Best Buy F'd people!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gix1k, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Gix1k, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

So I got there around 3 o clock. There were 20 people in line if that. I got back in the car and sat and waited (it was COLD). I sat there until maybe 4 other people got in line. I jumped out and joined in. I was about 25th back. Once I started talking to the people in line I had my place held, so I went back and fourth into the store asking questions. I was told they would hand out tickets at 4. 4:15 comes, nothing. 4:45, nothing. A lady behind got pissed and went in. She was told they never got tickets and was making something now. They walk out about 4:50. By the time they got to me, 25th, they were out of 32g black wifi and 16g black wifi. Most of the people were upgrading to 64g or 32g, depending. I got the last 16g white wifi...They totally ran out like 12 people behind me. What sucks is...they knew their inventory well ahead of time. They let 100 or so people hang in that line all that time and didn't have more than 60 units. Sucks for them, but oh well, I guess..mine is home.

$576 for what you see.
    [​IMG]

2. iMJustAGuy, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011

iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Yeah, it sucks for those people but that's how it always is.

3. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I was 40th in line, they were out of the 64GB 3G by the time they got to me, had about 10 more units left with about 60 people behind me, oh well. Heading to Apple store in a few hours or tomorrow morn to try my luck

4. OptyCT macrumors 6502

I also got mine at Best Buy. Around 4:00, I asked which models they had available. They said they didn't know because they weren't allowed to open the shipping crate until 4:30. This was also confirmed by other Best Buy employees.

5. iRabbit macrumors 6502

Apple Store by me never got ANY 64GB 3Gs in... and didn't tell anyone until 15 minutes before opening the store (while handing out tickets). I wanted a white 64GB 3G and they were not to be had. At first I thought they ran out... but later I talked to a guy who was like #6 on line and he and his crew were there to buy six of them... and got zero.

I was a little annoyed honestly, since I'd been there since 1pm... I kinda felt like they should have warned us ahead of time. Ultimately though, I got a 32 gig 3G and it'll probably be enough for me. It just felt like one of those disappointing moments. Based on what's going on in Japan, let me just say I put things in perspective relatively quickly ;)

6. uniforms macrumors regular

I went to my Best Buy around 3. Was number 2 in line. Once they let us in around 4:30, they said they got 60 of them. They didn't even get any of the 32 3G Black. I got the one I had wanted, 64 3G white. I was happy. But now that I opened it, I'm thinking is it TOO white? But I LOVE The cover from Apple. Its AWSOME!

7. lrowland macrumors newbie

My Best Buy was much better organized (which really surprised me). The line was totally inside the store and they had poles with the rope between them to keep the line sane. I got there at 3:30 and there were about 11 people in front of me. At 4:15 to 4:30 a buy walk through the line and each each person what they wanted. He wrote down a tally and I heard him say about 40 people back they would not have enough 32G Black Wifi versions and asked if they guy wanted another model or to come back tomorrow to pre-order it.

A few people changed their order and some left but overall it was well-done. First time I've ever been impressed by this Best Buy store.

8. gmans46 macrumors regular

there was a best buy and an apple store in my mall the apple store had about 150-200 people in line (at 215) and the best buy had about 20. I stuck to my nerves and went for the apple store and got exactly what i wanted and was out by 615 at best buy, with 150 people in line they had 15 ipads no 3gs

9. abooch1 macrumors regular

Yep so true.. I remember I waited overnight for xbox360 at Target.. They wouldn't release how many they had..

10. dlewis23 macrumors 6502a

My Bestbuy Screwed me too. The Boca Store was a joke.

First they messed up handing out the tickets they we all of there place.

Was told they had no 16 GB Black WIFI models so I switched to a 16 GB White Wifi I get to the checkout and it ring ups for 599 I ask whats up, and they pulled a 32 GB Black WIFI for me, then when I ask them about that they tell me they never had any 16 GB White iPads even tho the guy next to me was buying a 16 GB white iPad.

The idiot Apple Rep. in the store split the line in half then had the people in the front were he split the line go to the back.

Completely messed up. I filed a complaint with Apple already and will be filling one with Best Buy.

11. eaweber1 macrumors newbie

eaweber1

Shocker! Apple rushed an iPad out and doesn't have the inventory to support it. Are you guys really surprised?

12. richlee111 macrumors regular

Wow...so some Apple Stores did hand out tickets. I just came back from waiting at an apple store. I did not see tickets, but then I was probably like like 50 or so in line. 45 min or so into it, they came around and told the rest of us that their whole inventory was sold out. That's cool, it is what it is. From what I know, the stores themselves are NOT suppose to open up the shipments until a little before the sell time. Why do they do this? So that they can have these lines and bring more publicity. I'm not pissed that I didn't get one, but this is the last time I will do this for an Apple product. I just don't want to be a pawn in Apple's marketing machine. And yes, there are more important things in this world then an iPad, like health, family, and our lives. God bless those in Japan who are suffering through this devastation.

13. Phillyfan1290 macrumors newbie

My best buy wasnt telling their stock either I was about 20 or so down 2 hours left with it being bike week in daytona I said screw it and ordered online drove home and called my walmart to find out their line is onkyn4 pp, deep at 4 pm......??? I rushed over there to secure the 5 th spot they had 9 models only 1 32 gig black wifi and I was lucky enough to get it ...this teaches me now I will always check walmart! I also heard the best buy ran out like 25 ppl in

14. johnc22 macrumors 6502

Best Buy Smyrna, GA (near ATL) had some sort of SNAFU as well.

I was probably 130-150th in line (got in line at 5:05PM) but got a ticket somehow for a Black 16GB WiFi.

After waiting another 30 minutes or so there is a crowd of customers at the front of the store who'd been in line looking upset and agitated. I get to the register am told there was a "miscount" in the number of 16GB blacks that they had. I was like, man if I'd known I would have gone for 32GB or 64GB so I don't have to wait weeks to get one, and somehow he came up with a 32GB Black Wifi for me (which in line they told me they were out of).

I think I walked away with someone else's 32GB Black WiFi, but I walked away happy. :D This is the RAM size that I really wanted in the first place. I need to go play the lottery.

15. shen macrumors 6502

Reading comprehension, if there is an app for that, you should invest the $.99 in it...

16. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Yeah that sucks for those people... Glad you got your hands on yours, but it could be worse.. I'm reading in the forums that some people are having their orders cancelled.. For what reason I have no idea, but I sure for one would be pissed....

James