My best iPhone so far

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajohnson253, Nov 4, 2008.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

finally received my perfect iPhone 3g. Went through 2 of them this is the 3rd and it's perfect for me. No light leak anywhere, screen is flawless well only 1 pixel dead real small on bottom right on the edge of a corner so can't even tell.
    Now I'm comfortable.
    How many of you are comfortable with your iPhone 3g?

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

They do have prescription for the kind of condition you are suffering.

3. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

I was 100% content with my first iPhone... until the home button broke..... it had a flawless screen and no like leakage.... and now I'm 100% content with my 2nd iPhone considering it's screen is flawless and there's no leakage...

4. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I was pretty happy with my 3G. I had to exchange twice...first due to battery issue and the second time due to broken accelerometer. I had minimal light leak (although there was still some) and a slight problem with the vibrate function (it made a LOT of noise...but not enough for me to bother returning it). I've since downgraded to a first gen 16GB and it is as solid as a rock. Near perfect build quality.

5. PYR0M310N macrumors 6502a

PYR0M310N

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68030

Be sure to watch out for that one small pixel in the corner, you know, the one you can't really see. Now that you know its there, it may start to make you uncomfortable...

7. daisuke07 macrumors regular

I thought there was only 4 and 8 gb first generation

8. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

9. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

hahahhahahahahhaha :eek:

10. Macbie macrumors member

I bought my 8gig iPhone 3G last Sunday from Bestbuy. I was hesitated first to buy the phone due to my MBP incident with Apple last year when its screen got lots of bad pixles but the local Apple store people said they didn't see the problem I described and insisted on charged me for the restocking fees for the return. So after I brought the first phone home and started to play with it, I again noticed it has bad pixles on the screen but I tried my best to ignore it. Knowning the problem is there really drove me nuts when it's something that I really would want to own and use.

I contacted Bestbuy on the internet on Thursday, the person that responded to my inquiries said I can bring the phone back to the store to exchange another one for free. I went and did the exchange, however the 2nd one was even worst, there was a dark spot at the center bottom of the screen and he and I can even see it at a regular viewing distance. So the guy that helped me was nice enough to exchange a 3rd one for me, this time it still has bad pixles with about 2 but they are barely noticeable so I told him I am satisfied with it and took it home. Now this is where the part I might opened a new can of worms here or probably it's just my case only, after again used the phone carefully around my house on Friday at close viewing distance, on Saturday while I was in the living room, I noticed under the sunlight there are quite a few dust particles that are trapped under the glass screen. Once I turn the phone on, if look carefully the dust particles made the screen looked like it has quite a few bad pixles.

I called AppleCare right away to make sure it's normal but the rep said no it's not normal to have so many dust particles trapped under the screen. I again took it back to Bestbuy and see what they said, this time it was with a different guy and he said I'm sorry to hear your string of bad luck, but since this is your 3rd iPhone with us we will need to start charging me the restocking fees. I then took the phone to an Apple store to see its techs, for the visit and because of the store's lights the person who helped me said he couldn't see the problem I described. At the time I was ready to accept maybe I am going have to use the phone for the next 2years unless I cancel the ATT service within 30days and take the 10% restocking and activation fees damages. Today, I noticed more dust particles have gotten inside the screen, I was very frastruated and made another appointment to see the Apple store people. This time however a different tech guy got me a different answer. He first also said he didn't see the dust problem but then he took out his keychain and used his little LED light to check on the surface of the screen and finally see the problem I described. He and also others in the store told me that my phone was the first one they encountered with the dust problem and its possible that it could happen to any iPhone phone but it shouldn't happen at all to begin with.

11. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

The 4GB model was dropped and a 16GB model released at the same time the 32GB iPod touch came out -- back in February of this year.

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I bought a refurb first-generation phone and haven't had the nightmare problems some people claim to have. I know some are real, but others I think are just PBKAC errors (problem between keyboard and chair).

I also think some people are trying to shop for iPhones at Ollivander's and are shocked when it doesn't do anything when they yell "stupify!" It's a smartphone, peoples.

13. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I got my iphone for free. And i didn't really notice any defects until i read about them here. But the only thing my phone "suffers" from is a very slightly uneven screen. But is so so minute I don't even notice it. :D I am very content. I love it. <3

14. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

so since I made this thread. I have been messing with my newest iphone and I have one little hairline mark on the headphone jack area. So small my eye can hardly notice it when I really look at it up close. Doesn't bother me one not unless it will get bigger and nastier. Until then this is still holding up perfectly well to me. I got 2 cases so far. The white incase slider and the black incase protective rubber type case which I also like very much.

Overall I am pretty pleased with this purchase of my new gadget.