My Biggest Gripe; stop moving my APPS!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Asiancritic, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Asiancritic macrumors newbie

One of the most frustrating parts of this iPhone is always trying to find my apps. Every time I get an update, it moves. Please.. if anyone has any say with the Apple developers, can we please get apps to stay where they are?
    please?:mad:

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

until they "fix" that, if they do at all, try leaving the 4th row of icons empty on the first page...then any new/updated apps will go there, instead of pushing all the other apps around.

3. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

It is slightly annoying at best. Certainly not the thing that irks me the most.

4. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I leave the last 2 items on each screen empty. Gives me some wiggle room when updating things.

5. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

I heard on a podcast yesterday (honestly I can't remember which one, but it may have been Mac Geek Gab), that if you update via the iTunes App Store, the icons will remain in their original place. Only if you upgrade via the iPhone itself will the apps move to the end of the line. I haven't actually tried that out myself, but though I'd throw it out there for everyone.

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict

6. RiGo macrumors member

lies

it moves the icons either way

7. moabon.rob macrumors member

Really? It doesn't move them for me if I use the iTunes App Store (on my computer)... Only when I'm downloading over edge/wifi.