My biggest problems on my Mac

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by moonman239, Mar 27, 2014.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

1) I have to dismiss the keychain password prompts just to be allowed to use my computer.
    2) An app can cause a shutdown operation to be cancelled by not responding or by refusing to quit for some dumb reason, and I can't just click two buttons to tell my Mac to force quit the app.
    3) Recently, my Mac acted like it was completely turned off, but it was only supposed to be in sleep mode. Only after I rebooted it did it start responding to keyboard presses and finger movements on my trackpad.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What do you mean, I hardly get prompted for keychain password prompts. What app are you using that is causing this?

Quit the app before shutdown. Its not OSX that is the problem, its that app. Its failing to respond to the operating system's instruction to shut down. While agree that the option to force quit is not present like it is in win7 but force quitting is not always ideal as you could lose data and that's the reason why OSX stops the shut down.

Maybe it is off (or maybe in deep sleep), I think 10.9.2 changes how the power button works.

3. moonman239 thread starter macrumors 68000

1) I have my keychain settings set so my keychain is locked after a period of time. It'd be nice if I could just configure my Mac to allow any app made by Apple to access whatever data in my keychain it wants to access.

2) Then OS X should simply confirm that I want to force quit the app.

3) I usually just close the lid when I'm not using it. I almost never shut it down unless I'm going to bed.