My billing address for Apple Pay in the wallet app keeps getting reset

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
I’ve noticed an odd behavior in the wallet app for my VISA card where the billing address reverts to my old address (I recently moved 6 months ago), not sure why this is happening this could potentially cause a problem for me tonight during the iPhone X preorder, this happend twice now in the last 24 hours

Is The wallet app or Apple Pay retrieving my “old” address from somewhere else? I have my new address updated in the App Store and pretty much across the board I don’t know why Apple Pay is retrieving my old address in the billing address section in the wallet app when I click the (I)

Reactions: jiehanzheng

snarlz

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2011
United Kingdom
I’ve noticed an odd behavior in the wallet app for my VISA card where the billing address reverts to my old address (I recently moved 6 months ago), not sure why this is happening this could potentially cause a problem for me tonight during the iPhone X preorder, this happend twice now in the last 24 hours

Is The wallet app or Apple Pay retrieving my “old” address from somewhere else? I have my new address updated in the App Store and pretty much across the board I don’t know why Apple Pay is retrieving my old address in the billing address section in the wallet app when I click the (I)
I was having similar problems with my delivery address, when I changed it using the app it kept reverting back to a previously used one. So I logged into my Apple account via Safari, changed address there and everything was then ok in the app.Hope this helps.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
have you used that card via apple pay and has it gotten declined anywhere? maybe your apple account online or through iTunes? couldn't see how either would change it but wouldn't hurt to verify.

Dmal99

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Yup. My emails always go out with my wife's name cause we use her credit card for app purchases etc. Its infuriating, I've changed it SOOOO many times it always changes back. I've even talked to apple and they basically said too bad.

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
I was having similar problems with my delivery address, when I changed it using the app it kept reverting back to a previously used one. So I logged into my Apple account via Safari, changed address there and everything was then ok in the app.Hope this helps.
I checked my address under the appleid website too and it has my new address I’m really puzzled
[doublepost=1509037784][/doublepost]
have you used that card via apple pay and has it gotten declined anywhere? maybe your apple account online or through iTunes? couldn't see how either would change it but wouldn't hurt to verify.
I used it once last year to preorder my iPhone 7 Plus and never used Apple Pay since then, never got declined

I just tried to delete the card from Apple play and re install the card into Apple Pay which activated fine but the address reverted again after I set it to my current address initially what is This?!?!

Diorama

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2017
I had exactly the same problem, so I changed it through the Apple Store website rather than the app, that fixed it for me.

Luba

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2009
I checked my address under the appleid website too and it has my new address I’m really puzzled
[doublepost=1509037784][/doublepost]

I used it once last year to preorder my iPhone 7 Plus and never used Apple Pay since then, never got declined

I just tried to delete the card from Apple play and re install the card into Apple Pay which activated fine but the address reverted again after I set it to my current address initially what is This?!?!
This bug has been around for at least a year. You change it and a while later it changes to something else. I don't why it won't just "save" to the address you choose.

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
I had exactly the same problem, so I changed it through the Apple Store website rather than the app, that fixed it for me.
Can you please give me step by step instructions on how to do that to fix this
[doublepost=1509039165][/doublepost]
This bug has been around for at least a year. You change it and a while later it changes to something else. I don't why it won't just "save" to the address you choose.
What can I do to fix this?

dave006

Contributor
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Did you happen to make the address change with Visa Card provider? In your previous posts you did not mention Visa being updated. With paperless billing this is often forgotten.

The Wallet app communicates with your Card provider so if they don't have the new address verified in your Wallet that could be what you are seeing.

Dave

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Did you happen to make the address change with Visa Card provider? In your previous posts you did not mention Visa being updated. With paperless billing this is often forgotten.

The Wallet app communicates with your Card provider so if they don't have the new address verified in your Wallet that could be what you are seeing.

Dave
Yes I updated my address with VISA Chase several months ago when I moved and I just got off the phone with chase card services and they are saying my address is up to date in their systems and this is an issue that will need to be solved by Apple as my address is updated on their end and there’s nothing they can do they even transferred me to their technical department representative

I have no idea what to do now I clearly can’t use this card now I’m thinking if I should use a different card
[doublepost=1509046211][/doublepost]I just came across this thread on the Apple forums and it seems like I’m screwed as there is no fix for this issue which many others seem to experience,

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7864927?start=10&tstart=0

Luba

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2009
I don't know how to fix this. I just change it to the correct address when I use Apple Pay and they need address, knowing full well that it will later change to some other address. It seems random since sometimes it has the correct address. Luckily Apple Pay using Apple Watch doesn't need address, as I use Apple Pay from Apple Watch much more frequently.

FoxD

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2010
Yup, mine had this issue last year and caused me to not be in the first batch...terrible.

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Yup, mine had this issue last year and caused me to not be in the first batch...terrible.
So your preorder was actually denied because of this bug due to the billing address being wrong?

I have a different Visa card that I can use, will the problem happen with the new card too or is this just something that will happen with this specific Visa card I’m trying to use?

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Pre-order for 8, ran into this situation as well, but was able to easily select the correct address from addresses presented to me.

As others mentioned, I eventually got it to work by going to AppleID website and changing there. Might have even deleted and re-added card at that point as well. Sorry, don't recall exact steps.

Something else to check: do you have a Contact tagged as "My Info" (aka "me")? Is that correct? Maybe need to be set?

Luba

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2009
Pre-order for 8, ran into this situation as well, but was able to easily select the correct address from addresses presented to me.

As others mentioned, I eventually got it to work by going to AppleID website and changing there. Might have even deleted and re-added card at that point as well. Sorry, don't recall exact steps.

Something else to check: do you have a Contact tagged as "My Info" (aka "me")? Is that correct? Maybe need to be set?
I don't have a credit card attached to my AppleID. AppleID and ApplePay are somehow linked??

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Slightly off topic but you made me think of this. How private is it adding your address to wallet when using apple pay (iPhone and/or apple watch) in shops? The shop doesn't get my address right? Thanks. I hate junk mail.

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010

Yes the “me” contact is properly set with my current address

Diorama

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2017
I’m afraid it was a week ago so I don’t remember exactly XX but when I tried to change my address in the app it would always change back to the old address, but when I went to Apple.com and changed it it stayed correct and didn’t change.

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
I’m afraid it was a week ago so I don’t remember exactly XX but when I tried to change my address in the app it would always change back to the old address, but when I went to Apple.com and changed it it stayed correct and didn’t change.
I tried that and it still keeps reverting back

Should I try a different credit card?

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
I don't have a credit card attached to my AppleID. AppleID and ApplePay are somehow linked??
appleid.apple.com has fields for payment type and address. You would think everything is tied together, but, might be worth going in there and updating your information.

Diorama

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2017
I tried that and it still keeps reverting back

Should I try a different credit card?
No idea man! I kept hard resetting and retrying in the app several times about a week apart but nothing, it was giving me an address I hadn’t lived in in years, but changing the address on the Apple.com settings fixed it for me. Sorry if it doesn’t work for you :(

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
appleid.apple.com has fields for payment type and address. You would think everything is tied together, but, might be worth going in there and updating your information.

I did that today but my address still keeps reverting within the wallet app to my old billing address

MacBreezy

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2011
Charlotte, NC
So here is what I had to do because I had the same problem. I went to Apple.com and at the bottom of the page there is a link that says "account". It will take you to an Apple ID login page. Log in and then change your info there. After I did this I went back into the app and it had updated already to my current address.

Reactions: Diorama