My black bezel has a scratch, but...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ayeying, Feb 10, 2009.

1. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

There's no scratches on the glass or on the lid. The scratch is in between the glass/lid...

Here's a few pix

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sorry for the quality of the pix.. it appears that my export didn't do a good job. But you can see the 2 scratches. Theres nothing on the glass screen. The screen is smooth.

You think this is a defect? Something apple won't exactly blame me for?

2. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Well, I had a few obnoxious specks of dust under the screen of my iPhone and they were more than willing to swap that out. Not sure if that will translate to a computer or not but its certainly worth a try.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'd get that fixed. I'm not one to be a whinger, but white dust in front of my screen's black bezel would drive me nuts for years. :rolleyes:

If it's not your fault, get the screen swapped, or the glass replaced by Apple. Just do something soon so that when you tell them that it's not your fault, they believe you.

4. ayeying thread starter macrumors 601

ayeying

It isn't my fault.. lol.. I was cleaning my screen and I noticed this. I can't believe I completely did not notice this huge defect on the screen. I can't say I'm anal about these things but.. since its not something i did.. i want it fixed.

I'm most likely going to wait until my 17" comes in... I can't afford to be system-less.

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

If its like what I have, it may be the black paint flaked off from the back. There's a spot up near my iSight, that can only be noticed when there's direct light on it.

The issue though, is that the little fleck of black is stuck to the inside of the screen about 1/3 and inch off the bottom of the panel. Looks like a stuck pixel, but I don't care enough to bring it in =\