my blackmacbook is way hot!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by lokster, Jun 26, 2010.

1. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

hey guys i need help, check out the heat generated by my black macbook 2007 i think its running way to hot. its really hot to the touch and the fan isnt even running at full speed.

im on snow leopard 10.6.4

the laptop is in a speck hard case and it has a keyboard screen protector

CPU A Temperature Diode 73℃
    Enclosure Bottomside 35℃
    Main Heatsink 1 64℃
    Main Heatsink 2 64℃
    Memory Bank A Point 1 58℃
    Northbridge Position 1 62℃
    Northbridge Position 2 64℃
    SMART Disk SAMSUNG HM250HI (S1YQJ9GSB15650) 37℃

is this way to hot or normal? ive really never noticed it till i touched it near the back battery area

thanks, any and all help is appreciated, i love my macbook alot

2. Pax macrumors 6502a

It depends what your Mac was doing at the time. Older Macbooks do get quite warm.

Some programs (eg Flash) use lots of CPU and make the Mac disproportionately warm.

Try quitting all programs. Look in Activity Monitor at the CPU load, it should be only a few %. Then wait a few minutes, then look at your temperatures.

I wouldn't worry about it.

3. trayanscragg macrumors regular

trayanscragg

i dont think it matters which macbook you have whether its new or old hence all the macbooks struggle with flash and it a major problem when watching youtube etc. however since i bought my speck hard case i noticed that my macbook gets little bit warmer.. but these are my temps at the moment..

Attached Files:

4. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Your macbook should be able to get quite warm. The one that I have (late 2009) can get up to 105C before it gets close to shutting down. 73C shouldn't be too much to worry about at all :)

5. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

Don't worry about it... I'm pretty sure my black macbook got hotter than that...

These are the current temps for my 15 uMBP at idle

[​IMG]

EDIT: Oops, mine are in F, not C. Well, like I said, that's not too bad. It depends heavily on what applications you're running. My model of macbook pro gets to about boiling (i.e., 100C) when it's under strain...

6. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

It's alright - if you're concerned put it in sleep mode and put it next to a fan for a while, although there's really no need. My MacBook's hotter than usual just because of the weather :D

7. lokster thread starter macrumors 6502

lokster

Thanks guys it's just that I'm a heavy user and il do everthing to take good care of my MacBook, I do usually have YouTube running as well as flash cs4 even iPhoto and iWeb most of the time, haha I'm glad it's still ok