my blk/wht iphone dilemma

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by agallowa, Jun 22, 2010.

  1. agallowa macrumors regular

    agallowa

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2010
    Location:
    Citrus Heights, CA
    #1
    ok so my wife and i have been waiting for the white ip4 and any info regarding the release like everyone else who wants the white one. well as time goes by and the phone calls get less and less encouraging as the days go by (apple, apple stores and att) we are both really wanting the white model but really want the phone on release day. would it be a bad idea money wise to just get the black model on the 24th then once the white one is released just purchase two of them at the standard retail price and then go back and sell the black ones privatley to help pay for the white retail price we will have to pay. btw we are both near the end of our 3g contracts and are more than ready for the upgrade thursday its just the white/black dilemma thats messing everything up. but any information or your perspective would be greatly appreciated. :confused:
     
  2. aforty macrumors 65816

    aforty

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2007
    Location:
    Brooklyn, NY
    #2
    Me and some other people think that Apple will have very limited quantities of White iPhones in stock on launch day. Nothing official, just pure speculation with nothing but theories to back them up.
     
  3. bpd115 macrumors 6502a

    bpd115

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2003
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    #3
    I say that's way too much of a hassle. Just wait.
     
  4. agallowa thread starter macrumors regular

    agallowa

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2010
    Location:
    Citrus Heights, CA
    #4
    i was thinking the same thing about the some available at launch at the apple stores but then you get into the whole hassle of my apple store being in a mall here so we cant even show up before 5am. and with no preorder or reservation my chances of getting two white ones if they even are available are slim to none.
     
  5. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 17, 2009
    #5
    Wait for launch day. That's what were doing, so at least we can get some sort of answer on what is happening with the white one. Once we know whats going on, we'll make a decision based on that.
     
  6. Veinticinco macrumors 6502a

    Veinticinco

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2009
    Location:
    Europe
    #6
    I'm actually happy that I only want the white one.

    It means I can gladly opt out of this ridiculous farce of a launch frenzy, and just sit back and wait a few weeks or more. At which point I'll just stroll into a relatively quiet Apple Store, purchase without queuing or fuss, and be out within a few minutes.

    In the interim, my 3G will more than serve me well (you know, email, web, ipod, photos, apps, etc.) just as it has done for the past 2 years.

    For those who say "oooh but I just CAN'T wait" like some teenage girl, I suggest you have a hard look at yourself in the mirror.:rolleyes:
     
  7. agallowa thread starter macrumors regular

    agallowa

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2010
    Location:
    Citrus Heights, CA
    #7
    if u wait till release day it might be too late though u know that right? the latest i am going to wait to really decide is wednesday night/late afternoon and call around and see what stock everyone got in the area and go from there.
     
  8. aforty macrumors 65816

    aforty

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2007
    Location:
    Brooklyn, NY
    #8
    oooh but I just CAN'T wait!
     
  9. agallowa thread starter macrumors regular

    agallowa

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2010
    Location:
    Citrus Heights, CA
    #9
    well then i guess im just a little teenage girl then..... geez get over yourself.
     
  10. MacNasty macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2010
    #10
    im in the same boat...i dont really want to wait cuz i want to get rid of this 3G.....but i really want a white one....hopefully something will be said soon as to when they will actually be available....if its gonna be tooo long i will probably just break down and get the black....but im gonna try to wait as long as i can!
     

Share This Page