My Boot camp probelm. Please help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by melman911, Nov 12, 2009.

1. melman911 macrumors newbie

Ok. Just installed Snow Leopard. Trying to install boot camp from utilities and i am getting this error message>>>>

"Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again".

Ok here's some backround. I installed Fusion2 before trying to install bootcamp with Windows7 64 bit. I decided this was not what i was wanting to do so i deleted Fusion and went out and bought Snow Leopard and installed it. So now im trying to install bootcamp and getting the above error. How do i fix this. Did Window delete when i deleted Fusion or is something else i need to do? Ok its obvious i don't know what i am doing so i need some help. Thanks for any help.

2. stealthster macrumors newbie

do you have your hd partitioned? if you do i guess what its telling you to do is departition the hd and then use bootcamp again. if you have problems with disk utility when it says -Verification failed This disk could not be partitioned- what you have to do is use disk utility form your osx install disks.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

It would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of your partition table as disk utility sees it.

B

4. bcrguy macrumors regular

in order for bootcamp to partition your osx hd has to be partitioned as one hd.. i had the same problem b4 cuz i was trying to create another partition for linux..

5. melman911 thread starter macrumors newbie

So how do i do this?

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Can you please post the screenshot I requested. it would help us help you, because you may have other issues.

Delete any other partitions and expand the main one with Disk Utility.

B