My Boss is getting this error and I don't know what it means...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by apattee, Jun 23, 2007.

1. apattee macrumors regular

he sent me this e-mail describing it, but i have no idea what any of it means, can anyone help please. thanks. here's the e-mail

I have tried logging in to the Brian's Toys' network using Remote Web Workplace. It works fine when I use Windows on the Mac Book. However, when I try to use the Apple OS it tells me my security settings need to be adjusted. I checked the security settings, but could not figure it out.

When you are at Brian's Toys on Monday, because this is an internal network (though we do have an external log-in as well), give it a try on yours and see if you can figure it out. Or I can bring my Mac Book over. Try the url:

https://192.168.13/Remote/default.aspx

I receive an error that says:

https://192.168.1.13

This portion of the Remote Web Workplace requires the Microsoft Remote Desktop ActiveX Control. Your browser's security settings may be preventing you from downloading ActiveX controls. Adjust these settings and try to connect again.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

The problem here is ActiveX, this means you can only really access the site with Internet Explorer. ActiveX is a microsoft technology to allow websites to interact with your computer, it is not available in any other browser (that I'm aware of).

You will have to use a Windows box with Internet Explorer to access this site.

3. apattee thread starter macrumors regular

and by windows box, you mean windows computer?

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Indeed, you could use Parallels/VMware or bootcamp to do this also.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Who are you calling a nerd;)

6. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Lol I deleted the post because you beat me to it and I thought it was offensive to nerds...
    [​IMG]