My box of 12" Powerbooks full set of parts

California

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
I've got a box of 12" Powerbooks taken apart. I warranty at least ONE full Powerbook works, at best you might get four full working PBs.

There is a 867mhz board, 1ghz board, 1.33ghz board, 1.5ghz board (there might be two of these, I cannot remember).

There are at least four working screens.

Some memory, though not a lot.

Correct trackpads.

Screws random and galore.

Yours for the cost of shipping the whole thing.

I also have a box of various iBook g3 and G4 parts, one 14" G3 and I think I have that logic board but can't remember. Mostly 12" G4 parts.

If you want that box, same deal.

Last edited:

PowerMac G4 MDD

macrumors 68000
I've got a box of 12" Powerbooks. I warranty at least ONE full Powerbook works, at best you might get four full working PBs.

There is a 867mhz board, 1ghz board, 1.33ghz board, 1.5ghz board (there might be two of these, I cannot remember).

There are at least four working screens.

Some memory, though not a lot.

Correct trackpads.

Screws random and galore.

Yours for the cost of shipping the whole thing.

I also have a box of various iBook g3 and G4 parts, one 14" G3 and I think I have that logic board but can't remember. Mostly 12" G4 parts.

If you want that box, same deal.

How much would shipping be for that? (California).

bunnspecial

macrumors 604
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Give'em to bunn!

He's been looking for a 12" PB for awhile now!
Well, I did just bought one, but am now looking for(at a minimum) a replacement screen and would also like to put together at least one more!

I need something to do over Christmas break :)

bunnspecial

macrumors 604
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
I just wanted to let everyone know that I am enormously thankful to member California.

All told, three boxes were sent my way, the largest of which I haven't even had a chance to go through completely yet.

So far, I've been able to:

1. Completely assemble and get working a 1.33ghz 12" iBook G4

2. Replace the badly chipped top case on my A1138 Powerbook

3. Replace the CD-ROM drive in my Xserve with a Superdrive out of a Powerbook.

I also have another 12" iBook G4(bought separately) that is in need of a new keyboard or at least a few keycaps, and am sure that I can take care of that.

I'm excited to get into the Powerbooks and see what I'm able to make of them. I've been avoiding having to take a 12" PB completely apart, but this will be a great opportunity to put together(hopefully) a couple of working ones from parts and learn the ins and outs of putting them together.

There were several "extras" thrown in too that I wasn't expecting, including a couple of loose, good batteries, a few chargers(including one brand new one) and a SATA Optibay that will fit a Powerbook.

Thank you again to California!

MatthewLTL

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2015
Rochester, MN
I just wanted to let everyone know that I am enormously thankful to member California.

All told, three boxes were sent my way, the largest of which I haven't even had a chance to go through completely yet.

So far, I've been able to:

1. Completely assemble and get working a 1.33ghz 12" iBook G4

2. Replace the badly chipped top case on my A1138 Powerbook

3. Replace the CD-ROM drive in my Xserve with a Superdrive out of a Powerbook.

I also have another 12" iBook G4(bought separately) that is in need of a new keyboard or at least a few keycaps, and am sure that I can take care of that.

I'm excited to get into the Powerbooks and see what I'm able to make of them. I've been avoiding having to take a 12" PB completely apart, but this will be a great opportunity to put together(hopefully) a couple of working ones from parts and learn the ins and outs of putting them together.

There were several "extras" thrown in too that I wasn't expecting, including a couple of loose, good batteries, a few chargers(including one brand new one) and a SATA Optibay that will fit a Powerbook.

Thank you again to California!
if your interested in selling the 1.33 iBook im interested in eithe buying it or cover the shipping of it (which ever way you want to "sell" it)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.