Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icloud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
Final Version

Following the comments I recieved, I can finally say that I am happy with the site and am creating this topic to say that the final version of the site has been put together with new images, cleaner layout, simplier navigation, and well, alot of my hard work i suppose

Cloud.e Photography

Again comments are REALLY encouraged...im looking to pursue this alot further and need all the helpful hints/support/critic

appreciate the positive comments to date...thank you all, enjoy

-Cloud.e

Orlando Furioso

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Bezerkeley
Nice clean site you have there. Lots of beautiful and thoughtful images. Inspiring. Makes me want to go on a photo shoot right now.... oh wait, it is 11pm! rats.

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see the full launch of your site.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
VERY nice!!! Hey, after you posted those images of lemons the other day that inspired me to do some tabletop photography again, and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Your website is very, very nice and the background sets off the images perfectly. Good work!

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
Nice stuff.

I really like Sunrise (in the snow).

One suggestion: put links the other pages at the bottom of each page. Makes for easier navigation. No need to scroll back to the top of the page.

What is your camera of choice? (I'm sure if I looked I would find it somewhere, but I've got to drive across town...)

L

Lau

Very nice indeed. I prefer the outdoor to the indoor, but great in general.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
While I agree that the photography is quite beautiful.. the navigation of the page is quite annoying. I'd suggest a better technique.. and avoid the "page 1" "page 2" "page 3" links... your images deserve more.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
and still no place to buy prints...;)

I like your new site ( I really liked the old site too )

As usual, your photography is outstanding. :)

kwajo.com

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Bay of Fundy
your website is pretty nice, honestly though I wasn't overwhelmed by your photos. they are very good, but I'm not ready to buy any prints of any of them. loved the M.C. Escher-esk stairwell photo though, great stuff. :cool:

macOSX-tastic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
At the Airport. UK
these images are really good!

ive taken a few macro shots of still life that i would like to put up, ive done some post production on them.

does anybody know of any proffessional photography websites featuring minimalist objects on white backgrounds or black backgrounds, that let you use images as wallpaper?

ive scoured the internet and can find many easily.

ive noticed a general trend on the monthly desktops thread that many people have really nice, minimalist, macro images.

S

icloud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
DSC_0078.png

Final Version

Following the comments I recieved, I can finally say that I am happy with the site and am creating this topic to say that the final version of the site has been put together with new images, cleaner layout, simplier navigation, and well, alot of my hard work i suppose

http://homepage.mac.com/cloud.e/

Again comments are REALLY encouraged...im looking to pursue this alot further and need all the helpful hints/support/critic

appreciate the positive comments to date...thank you all, enjoy

icloud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
Glenn Wolsey said:
One word, WOW.

Did you use .Mac homepage to create the gallery?

Dreamweaver...but to no extreme...basic drag and drop layout
I used the iWeb reflections thought and then imported those specific images to dreamweaver

and the one word means alot...thank you

icloud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
Glenn Wolsey said:
You really should sell prints on your site, I would no doubt buy one....or two :p

I have no idea how to set that up :p
I would if i could, honestly

qpawn

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2003
California
Great shots! I love all the shots that feature a silhouette. :)

Also, just to let you know, when you are on page1indoor.html or page2indoor.html, the link for page 2 goes to your index. And the link to outdoor page 2 might be spelled funky. :p

The site is nice and simple. Pretty easy to get around. Well done! :)

icloud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
qpawn said:
Great shots! I love all the shots that feature a silhouette. :)

Also, just to let you know, when you are on page1indoor.html or page2indoor.html, the link for page 2 goes to your index. And the link to outdoor page 2 might be spelled funky. :p

The site is nice and simple. Pretty easy to get around. Well done! :)

Look at the links...they should be fixed (least when I looked at the problem it wasnt there anymore)...refresh and tell me if problem still persists

Abstract said:
The font you used for 1, 2, and 3 is the most annoying thing ever. They don't even go with the rest of your site, like the other text, for example.

I'll get on fixing that sometime in next day or two when I get some time freed up

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
On my PC, Internet Explorer 6.0, the front page's main links are outlined in blue border.

Nice changes!

icloud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
cr2sh said:
On my PC, Internet Explorer 6.0, the front page's main links are outlined in blue border.

Nice changes!

Noted!

Hope to have that cleaned up sometime today (check tomorrow)
to do list:
- Fix Font
- Fix Home Button
- Fix Blue thing around links
- Fix PNG's for reflection, i noted they give a gray background on different browsers, so ill change their backgrounds to black

Thank you

weldon

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2004
Denver, CO
I really liked the images, especially the outdoor shots. One nitpicky thing I might change is the location of the lemon slice photos on page 1 and page 2. When flipping to page 2, I thought I was looking at the same image until I flipped back and saw that the composition and lighting was different. It was distracting for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.