My brother got a new iPhone 5C via T-Mobile for x-mas... how do we activate this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spaceballl, Dec 25, 2013.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

He currently has a Nexus 4 on T-Mobile service... He's got the T-Mobile iPhone 5C w/ T-Mobile SIM already in it. I tried calling 611, but that doesn't seem like the automated way to activate his new phone. Can anyone help? how do I quickly set it up to switch from the nexus 4 to the 5c? thanks!

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

You should be able to log into your account online and there is an option to update your sim card number. Just change it to the sim card number of the one that came with the 5C and you're good to go.

3. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

^ yeah log in to the t-mobile account to activate it. My brother had the same issue as well & he had to log into his account to activate it.

4. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I bought my 5S through T-Mobile and it came already activated. I just turned it on and it worked.

All I did was create an account online. I ported my number over the next day.

----------

That is only available for postpaid accounts. On prepaid, you have to call to change sim cards.

5. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

T-Mobile ... activate?

What am I missing here?

With AT&T, T-Mobile, or any GSM/SIM provider, you just put the SIM in the device.

You need to activate with CDMA carriers like Verizon or Sprint.

I've had lots of AT&T and T-Mobile phones and SIM cards. I just grab a phone and pop the SIM in. I've never had to contact either company to "activate" it.

6. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Tmobile.com/sim... He needs to manually update his sim #on his account.

7. NickRichyRich macrumors member

Sometimes it is easier to call them and they can configure everything on their end. All they will ask from you is some information about the primary account holder and IMEI and Sim number of the phone and everything should be good to go. They will also tell you where to find the information that I listed above!