My Brute Review

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Pika, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

I just can't get enough of this game. Even though you don't actually control battles it's extremely fun to watch characters (which you may have modeled after the real life version of yourself or someone close to you like I did) kick other people's a**es.

You never know what you're gonna get when you level up and i believe that adds to the fun of the game. If your brute loses every battle but then levels up to gain a super awesome weapon or pet it becomes fantastic to watch the tables turn against your enemies.

Even though you can only fight a certain number of times per day other people can still challenge you. This will change your victory/loss count but will not give your brute any experience gain. It becomes exciting to check back regularly and see if your brute has managed to win some epic battles.

The only downside is that you need other players to join you as 'pupils' in order to unlock more brutes and get more out of the game. Recently however the game has been on sale for 99 cents and if i were you I'd recommend the game to everyone you know who has an iphone/ipod touch so you can all fight each other and gain more brutes.

[app]My Brute[/app]

2. Pika thread starter macrumors 68000

Pika

This game is extremely fun for the little action you actually take. It's fun seeing the self designed characters battle it out with everything they can get their hands on, even a bone! Somehow this game about pitting your strength against your opponents turns into who has the most/best animals and what weapons/skills you've gained.

Even though you don't actually control your characters the fun comes from watching them screw up or even (hopefully) watching your opponents Brute do stupid things. You can sit there and yell at the screen as he throws away a perfectly good weapon and wonder what happened, and even come out on top after it! The fights are available to watch again so you can see how it all went down and if you just stomped all over someone you can have your friend watch it with you later on. The sound is very fitting and to the game.

The biggest problem with it is the chat system, which is apart of the Feint chat. When you try to change channels it seems to bug out the game and you'll have to reload it. Not to mention all the channels are full of people spamming their invitation codes so there's not much to do there.

The game utilizes inviting people to give you unlockables which aren't -necessary- to play the game but it's something to shoot for. on the bright side, anyone using these codes gets double exp, an ability and an arena unlocked for them. You also seem to be more likely to get some of the things that your master has. So joining a dojo is extremely important.

Invitation Code : EEBIDIFE

They have nearly all the pets including the extremely rare panda bear. This will get you started and allow you an edge on those who didn't read about it!