My BSE order came open

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by John88, Apr 23, 2011.

1. John88, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011

John88 macrumors member

I just got my BSE order today (bought it when they did 10% discount + free shipping). I got a open envelope and packing slip, no screen protectors. It appears they didn't seal the envelope when sending, because the adhesive to seal the envelope is unused.

Do you think BSE forgot to put them in there, or someone from the post office jacked em?

Has anyone else received an order like this?

2. gigemzach macrumors 6502

I just received mine and no such thing. Just email them. They have a really good support staff.

3. John88 thread starter macrumors member

4. gigemzach macrumors 6502

Yes.

5. John88 thread starter macrumors member

They apologized, and sent me a new order yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Zermelo macrumors regular

I think part of the huge markup on the BSE skins and Zagg skins, and every other companies skins are out there, takes into account loss due to delivery. The Post Office is notorious for having poor delivery reliability or damages materials en route, so these companies just absorb that into their pricing.

It makes sense, I mean, really how much does it cost to mass produce these skins? They're charging anywhere from $20 - $40, for materials that cost maybe $3-$4 to mass produce.

Don't get me wrong, I really like my BSE skin, and think it's worth the price, but you should expect good customer service with such a huge markup.

7. iFiend macrumors 65816

I would say you're spot on with that estimate since they all offer "lifetime warranties" that you conveniently have to spend 3 or 4 bucks to get :)