My built-to-order MacBook Pro arrived with Lion installed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BenLeong, Aug 1, 2011.

1. BenLeong macrumors member

Just in case anyone's wondering if yours will be shipping with Lion, I ordered the following:

2.2GHz i7, 15" high-res glossy, 128GB SSD

on Sunday, July 24th. It was assembled in Shanghai on July 25th, and it arrived at my doorstep on July 27th. Very quick!

It came with Lion preinstalled, in the new Lion box and with the new Lion keyboard.

I would imagine that if anyone custom-orders one now, their experience will be the same.

Hope this helps!

By the way, I'm LOVING this computer. It boots up in under 8 seconds and shuts down in under half of a second. Beautiful.

2. randomrazr macrumors 65816

is it worth the 350 dollar difference between the base model 2.0ghz to the high end 2.2ghz model?

3. BenLeong thread starter macrumors member

Depends on what you use your computer for, I guess. Personally, I wanted the extra 1GB of video RAM that comes with the 2.2GHz, and the extra .2GHz doesn't hurt, either. It'll probably help with resale value down the line, too.

4. xstaycold macrumors newbie

wrong section for this. there's a sticky thread meant for this purpose.

5. BenLeong thread starter macrumors member

I wasn't posting to tell about my delivery as much as I was trying to post a date for those trying to determine the cut-off line for CTOs coming with Snow Leopard versus Lion. I didn't see a sticky for this...?